I won't be returning to my local feedstore!

that's*satyrical

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
EXACTLY my point RTG lol. Oh, & it also comes from burger king & mcdonalds.... lol They just have a machine in the back that makes beef & chicken lol.

Hillsvale

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
that's*satyrical said:
EXACTLY my point RTG lol. Oh, & it also comes from burger king & mcdonalds.... lol They just have a machine in the back that makes beef & chicken lol.
they probably do....

Cornish Heritage

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
DUH! Meat comes from the grocery store! hu
LOL! Although funny sadly so many people are disconnected from where their food comes from. That is why the feedlots & confinement operations do so well. If they actually visited some of the feedlots it would put them off from eating meat from there.

Liz

TheSheepGirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I called the manager yesterday, he and I have known each other for about 10 years now. He's raised pigs since the stone age and we had a nice and reasonable conversation about it. He even gave me a couple of pointers on castrating my own piglets for this go 'round. He was pretty upset that they would even be saying stuff like that and said he'd talk tot hem about the differences between food and pets.

He and I have decided that his City Slicker employees need to be educated on the differences between what he calls "Commercial Animals" and "Pets". He and I have arranged a short informational lecture for them. A 15-20 minute presentation on how local farmers raise their animals, including how we castrate piglets and other animals and a very informative section on why we raise them, FOR MEAT!

Guess who we decided should teach this presentation......

Yours Truly, Me! TheSheepGirl!

In your faces City Yuppies!! The best part about it is that they have to keep their opinions to themselves from now on, as well!

"I'll be sure to special order you some more scalpels, too." concluded the manager.

TheSheepGirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
On a separate note, You guys made me LOL! Both of these clerks do eat meat and one raises goats, but takes them to vet for castration!

Found this on Youtube and it totally fits!!

Why California Needs a State Fair!

Oh, and we're castrating piglets today, with an Exacto Knife, cause no place sells scalpels, but the feedstore!

that's*satyrical

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hillsvale said:
that's*satyrical said:
they probably do....
LMAO, you're probably right ;)

that's*satyrical

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
LOL about the presentation. While you're at it tell them to watch Food Inc. & then ask them if they'll still eat meat.

TheSheepGirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
terrilhb said:
You go girl. Do a fantastic presentation. :thumbsup
Oh, I intend to! Originally we were going to save out a piglet to castrate for them at the presentation. We then decided that this might cause a stir.

They may faint at the sight of blood!:lol: