Kitsara - Life, the Universe and Whatnot

RainySunday

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
snow! I am bummed we didn't get much this year...but now in mid-march, it'd better not show up, time for spring!

Glad everyone was doing well when you made it back.

Kitsara

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I'd rather not have much more snow. Though we do need the moisture. But March/April tend to be the big snow month's some years.

Kitsara

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
It's sounding more and more like a farm here. Went to a small animal and poultry swap yesterday with one of my rabbit bucks in the hopes of trading him out for some new bloodlines. Unfortunately, there was a surplus of bucks there, so he came back home with us. However, I did acquire a new doe and buck. The girl is a Satin/Californian cross, while the buck is pure Flemish, which is great considering we lost our other pure Flemish this past winter. They are both still young, the buck was born 11/26/12 and the doe was born 1/1/13. I am looking forward to breeding the doe with Runt when she is older. He's a Flemish cross, and he has the softest fur of all the babies we've had. I hope to get not only some nice sized babies for the freezer, but hopefully some soft fur as well. I just need to learn how to tan it.

Back to the first sentence though, while at the swap I also purchased a lovely Rhode Island Red rooster. It was so wonderful hearing him crow this morning. He certainly seemed to enjoy strutting around the yard. He fit right in with everyone else, though he did keep back a bit from the goats.

Less than a month to go, I'm hoping, before I get some new kids from the goats. I can't wait to see them, most likely any does we get we will be keeping and we may or may not process the boys. Depends on how many we get, I may sell some instead.

Kitsara

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Well Spring has come and we've the Spring storms to prove it. Unfortunately, I've gotten stuck in the Denver area with a number of the roads being closed, so there is no way I'm getting home today. Everyone should be okay, I hope. We left plenty of food and such, but my friend can't even make it out there with the roads being closed to check on them. Though, if I still can't get out tomorrow, she should be able to get out there then. But I'm hoping everything will clear up enough and the wind won't be blowing as much, thus keeping the roads closed.

littleton01.jpg

However, the dogs are enjoying the snow. At least a couple of them. They simply love being in the snow and would make themselves frost-bitten if I let them have their way and stay outside. Silly puppies.

Killian and Copernicus - Mmm, tasty snow
k&c01.JPG

Killian - Frosted Dachshund anyone?
killian01.JPG

Four Winds Ranch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
After looking at your pics, I am soooo glad it is sunny here! I think I have had enough snow for the year, but I know we will get at least one or two more dumps!!!!:(

Symphony

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Love your journal and stories. You tell them so well and your land and animals are so beautiful. I hope you come into some money so you can get that house built at the farm to not have to commute so much.

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
Looks like your puppies are happy about the snow. Snow is so pretty. Just wish it was warm somehow. Can we invent that---warm snow. :D

Kitsara

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Mmm, warm snow.. wouldn't that be the fake stuff? Either that, or it's the messy wet rain. And they are happy. They get unhappy when forcibly removed from the snow and have to go inside. They stand there shivering and still want to play. :)

Kitsara

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Spike, our bottle baby, is enjoying playing in the house on Christmas. He's a week old today. I wanted to get him reindeer antlers, but alas, wasn't able to get any. My nephews girlfriend has been enjoying her time with him, and has even had a hand in feeding him. He came with us into town to spend the holiday with the family, a two and half hour trip and he did pretty well with it. For the most part, the dogs have been pretty good with him, though Widget has taken a dislike to him. Course, she doesn't like to share her mama. :) I've forgotten just how much work a baby is, and I'd never really realized just how much bottle feeding a little one is. I'm so glad I didn't have to with my boy. Heh.

The other kids have been doing great, growing and having a good time. Before we came into town, I'd take Spike out to them, and he'd spend much of the day with the other goats. Playing and hanging out with the other kids. His brother, Xander, always seems happy to have him around. I think he misses him.

It's been a good Christmas, and we get t have part two tomorrow with some more family. So we'll have to see how well it goes over with a kid participating in the Christmas spirit.
1502623_10202942986445758_1932911304_o.jpg 1425346_10202943043447183_2078542723_o.jpg