So who vaccinates for pneumonia?

ksj0225

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I have two goat mentors... One vaccinates and one doesn't...

Pros and cons??

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I don't. Why? Because I've never had an issue with pneumonia. Unless it's something (pneumonia) that your herd has an issue with then you're just wasting your time and your money vaccinating for it...just my opinion.

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
I don't do it. I prefer to do as few vaccines as possible. As Elevan, I haven't had a continuous problem with it. I did have pneumonia go through my herd one winter but Draxxin took care of it and it hasn't been back.

currycomb

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
only needed to vaccinate for it when the herd was being shown, lots of stress and contact with other goats. now that we don't show, we don't vaccinate for that

Renegade

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We show so yes I vaccinate all of mine for pneumonia. We use the intranasal vaccine. It's quick, easy, and inexpensive. Especially compared to losing a goat.

Goatherd

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I did when I first got my goats due to the fact that they weren't in top condition, by any means, and winter was approaching. Now that they are no longer compromised, I don't think I'll be vaccinating again.

poorboys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I do, only because my first year I lost a few due to it, I don't like to take the chances, But next year might be different due to better living conditions for the goats.

Latest posts