Stud Goats

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
:lol:

I find my late bloomers are always turn out to be my "true gentlemen"... they court instead of going freaking crazy.
None of my gentlemen blubber they nestle and gently paw, rub up against in such a sweet way.
Both of my boys are very sweet and not crazy. I have to walk them around to the ladies or they are too busy with their food. They are "Nubes" as we call them :lol: New to the ladies but also not too bright and ALL Nubian :rolleyes:

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Aw you guys have nice bucks! I hope mine is. He's so sweet and definitely at 6 months paying zero attention to the ladies who are quite close to him. He's a Nigie but he doesnt seem too "bright" either. My purebred registered Nigies, I swear, are my least bright goats.

Fullhousefarm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
As a breeder- I will let people who bought only my goats (or goats from two other herds that I am very familiar with and are close-by) breed with one of my two bucks. How that works depends on the current situation on my farm and their farm.

We used a Lamancha buck for three years before we had our own. It was nice to not have a buck all that time for just 1-3 does. At the same time, when we had 4 last year it was really a pain since they would always go into heat at the worst possible times to arrange a breeding. So, last March we got our own buck. It's been so much easier leaving him in the senior Lamanchas pen during breeding season. He's 10 months old now and has bred all our Lamanchas, two of our neighbors (that we cae tested, and they just had a 5 min date) and one from the farm that we used their buck the last three years since they had one doe too closely related to both their bucks.