What time of year do Pygmy goats have kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
I read the question as "will I be able to find a baby this time of year?" Not: "What time of year can I breed my next goat?"

When someone learns a hard lesson, there is no need to continually rub their nose in it. Please be constructive and kind. How about offering fencing suggestions and links, along with sympathy, when someone is in mourning.

I wouldn't go to a funeral and say to the widow, "Well, I hope you feed better food to your next husband so he lives longer. Do some research!" Even if it is true, how about some kindness? A time and a place, please.

Sorry, this is a flat medium, and I am bothered by the tone a thread here can appear to take when someone suffers a tragedy. :old

Goatzilla

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
:thumbsup
freemotion said:
I read the question as "will I be able to find a baby this time of year?" Not: "What time of year can I breed my next goat?"

When someone learns a hard lesson, there is no need to continually rub their nose in it. Please be constructive and kind. How about offering fencing suggestions and links, along with sympathy, when someone is in mourning.

I wouldn't go to a funeral and say to the widow, "Well, I hope you feed better food to your next husband so he lives longer. Do some research!" Even if it is true, how about some kindness? A time and a place, please.

Sorry, this is a flat medium, and I am bothered by the tone a thread here can appear to take when someone suffers a tragedy. :old

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
freemotion said:
That's true, but wouldn't you at least be a bit taken aback if the widow caught you in the funeral home parking lot and asked if you could come over later and help her sign up on eHarmony.com?

:gig :lol: :hide

I do know what you mean, though.. I had some pretty rough things said to me for no good reason (IMHO) when I lost a goat recently, and it wasn't a pleasant experience.

kimmyh

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I guess I am not reading the same things some of you are. The sympathy was offered up, then some people suggested things that others found dangerous, and now a few of you are taking offense? No one in this thread beat up anyone, geesh folks we are all adults right? Are the word police here so ignorant, or self centered that they have to pick on people. Advice is free, take it or leave it, ignore it, but at least have the good sense/common decency to say thank you and move on. Too all of you who look for things to bunch up your panties, I say "Well bless your heart".

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
cmjust0 said:
freemotion said:
That's true, but wouldn't you at least be a bit taken aback if the widow caught you in the funeral home parking lot and asked if you could come over later and help her sign up on eHarmony.com?

:gig :lol: :hide
:lol: :gig

cmjust0 said:
I do know what you mean, though.. I had some pretty rough things said to me for no good reason (IMHO) when I lost a goat recently, and it wasn't a pleasant experience.
Yep, and the nice people need to step up a bit more often and balance this out. Whether they agree or not is not really my point. It is being kind when someone's heart is broken.

big brown horse

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
kimmyh said:
we are all adults right?
Not all of us are adults. I am, but I really don't act like one most of the time. :p

I am very sorry you lost your baby goat. That was very very sad.

Cottage Cheese

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I Do apologize if I sounded a bit harsh, I did not mean too!! I cannot fathom the thought of losing my sweet girls, and that goes for all of us; that is why we joined BYH in the first place!!! BUT, we all need to take the advice that is given to heart, it is for the best :}. Again, I am extremely sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.