2013 Kids on HIll Kidding Aunt B is in the kidding pen, April 7th.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
jodief100 said:
WOW!!!! So excited! :weee

I want to see Tori's babies!!!!!!!! :barnie
I will work on some photos when I go back out to do my 2nd round of morning chores. They look more nubian than Boer in color, but I have a feeling these are going to be some stout girls. I am in debate if I should keep one and sell Tori Ann. Not sure how many more chances, if any I will get to keep another girl from Tori. We aren't positive we are gong to breed her or retire her. I am considering breedering her knowing she has lots of milk. I already got 16 ounces of colostrum from her, plus she is nursing two big kids.

The one especially has kind of neat coloring on her head.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Of course STar goes way up into the field. Only 6 acres, but it is a healthy haul back to the barn. Come on doelings.

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
20kidsonhill said:
Of course STar goes way up into the field. Only 6 acres, but it is a healthy haul back to the barn. Come on doelings.
Maybe the exercise will bring her into labor, like they do human women. LOL Hey, its worth the try.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Pretty long ways to bring her down to the barn for one buckling. Yup she had a single buckling. Go back and look at Star's photos, who would have guessed she was carrying a single.

snapnzap

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
20kidsonhill said:
Pretty long ways to bring her down to the barn for one buckling. Yup she had a single buckling. Go back and look at Star's photos, who would have guessed she was carrying a single.
You must be feeding them too well :lol:

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
snapnzap said:
20kidsonhill said:
You must be feeding them too well :lol:
Unfortunately for STar this will be her last year on our farm. One reason she is in such good shape is she isn't hardly produced any kids. Last year she had a single buckling that died when she was kidding. This buckling I had to pull, he was breech. The year before she did have a nice set of twins. She is down right crazy and not friendly at all, mean as snot to the lower goats on the totem pole, she will go across the barn to knock someone down. Well, she is up for sale, in case anyone is interested. :barnie

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Here are some fun photos, They are so cute at a day or two old.

How Indie sleeps with her kids, She is devoted. And she is not up for sale. :D
3140_feb_8_1.jpg

Indie's doe and buckling.
3140_feb_8_3.jpg

So cute, We use these plastic buckets as hay mangers in the kidding pens, looks like they make good beds as well. Pepper's bucklings
3140_feb_8_2.jpg

Pepper's bucklings up for their nap.
3140_feb_8_6.jpg

Little B an done of her two bucklings, the other is in the barrel. they are nice, they will make nice whether projects
3140_feb_8_7.jpg

LIttle B's bucklings
3140_feb_8_8.jpg

Haley's doeling is so cute, I let out Haley and Pepper and their kids today. They loved being outside and running around.
3140_feb_8_9.jpg

Haley nursing her twins. Haley needs some serious weight put on. Will need to work on that. One thing I have noticed when kidding the does out at 14 to 15 months and then again at 2 years of age is they really don't catch up on their weight until that 2nd summer or between their 2nd and 3rd year. Then they seem to keep condition on better.
3140_feb_8_10.jpg

And for Jodief100: Tori's girls. And heck yes they are cute.
3140_feb_8_4.jpg

3140_feb_8_5.jpg