2022-2023 Market lamb

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dutch got chased by a dog. He got hurt when he ran into things as he sprinted.
Poor boy has 2 punctures and a few scratches. I’m putting scarlet on it and rinsing out every day.
Oooh nooooo! 🤬 I’m so sorry. Poor Dutch. I hope that the dog never comes back, stray? Whatever - not good.
Hope he heals quickly.

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Oooh nooooo! 🤬 I’m so sorry. Poor Dutch. I hope that the dog never comes back, stray? Whatever - not good.
Hope he heals quickly.
Nope we don’t have stray dogs, just cats. It was someone’s dog that they let loose into the vet class room and the door to the ag yard was open.
I hope so soon. Next traumatizing event is December 8th when he gets tagged for fair.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Poor Dutch! I hope he heals up soon. Did the dogs owner get in trouble for turning the dog loose?

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nope we don’t have stray dogs, just cats. It was someone’s dog that they let loose into the vet class room and the door to the ag yard was open.
I hope so soon. Next traumatizing event is December 8th when he gets tagged for fair.
Oh man. A major grrr. Fingers crossed all will be ok. I have little tolerance for things like that. Glad it wasn’t any worse. Keep us up to date on him. ❤️

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Poor Dutch! I hope he heals up soon. Did the dogs owner get in trouble for turning the dog loose?
I’m not sure but probably. I Know they felt bad. I spent the next 2 hours with Dutch getting him to relax and feed him. I’m worried about shows now because he will have a fear or dogs. People down here have their dogs at every show.

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yea I am so thankful only his hide was ripped. My teacher said there was no flesh ripped but tbh I was just panicking that he had a hole in him. Like my shoe lamb has a hole in his side, on the side the judge sees the most (show side). It getting to 40 tonight and I hope he is ok. I can’t coat him now because of the wound and he was just shaved last weekend.

Should I invest in a under coat? Or is it not worth it in FL.
Oh man. A major grrr. Fingers crossed all will be ok. I have little tolerance for things like that. Glad it wasn’t any worse. Keep us up to date on him. ❤️

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So of corse it is dirty. But I am only supposed to clean it out once a day preferably in the afternoon. He has the spray in and it’s supposed to act as a barrier to infection.
I can’t seem to keep him from jumping and getting energetic. I’m going to want him slowly after school so he can get the energy out without hurting anything. But he is going in the small pasture at 12 because he started running around in his stall. I’m going to be very careful with him

Attachments

• F5AEC9C0-5087-46CA-A976-7CB284BC5A7A.jpeg
    F5AEC9C0-5087-46CA-A976-7CB284BC5A7A.jpeg
    353.2 KB · Views: 24

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Of course it’s dirty and he wants to run and play! That’s what animals (and children) do!