A NEW DIRECTION FOR THE OLD RAM

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Kangaroos and wombats? :lol: That is so far from my reality that I just have to laugh. We have white tail deer, which jump fences or crawl through. They really don't damage anything. But we have feral hogs which are terribly destructive. They plow through fences, root up pastures and hayfields, destroy crops, kill and eat fawns, lambs, any small animal they can catch. We haven't had any on our place, but they are all around us.

So sorry that both of you have had the flu, glad that it is just about gone. I hate being sick! Hope your cough goes away soon.

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
G'day,I forgot the odd visit from foxes and wild pigs,but further West the farmers also have Emu's, camels, buffalo,wild horses,deer and wild dogs.So we are pretty lucky in some respects.The new fence wire layout I am considering maybe effective against pigs I think,it requires permanent fencing with HT barb strained to over 150 kg and the plains at about 200 kg anyway as I said I will post detailed photos once it is constructed.Meanwhile I am adding barbs to our existing fence layouts....T.O.R.

Bossroo

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
TOR , when you have barbs on your fence wire, mysteriously wool will soon cover the barbs mostly in the same places, but soon other areas of wool covered barbs will appear. Put an add in the real estate section for bird housing for free building material and Lady Gould finches, Cockatoos, parakeets, etc will asnwer your add in droves. Soon you will have free labor for wool removal as well as weed seed control.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
G'day,I forgot the odd visit from foxes and wild pigs,but further West the farmers also have Emu's, camels, buffalo,wild horses,deer and wild dogs.

LOL! You have waaay more problems with animals than we do! Some areas have bears and cougars, but thankfully we don't have them here.

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rest In Peace my old friend.Today Jack left the farm to go to the big stockyards in the sky, like the true gentleman he was there was no fuss, he just slipped away quietly with no stress or pain.

Tomorrow I will lay him to rest under a big old gum tree near to the shearing shed so he can observe the goings on for the years to come.

My friend and mate for over 15 years, no more will he have to muster cranky mobs in frost and sometimes snow or be out in the paddock when it’s almost 40 C. Instead the weather will always be “kind” and there will be lots of time just laying in the shade of the shed.

But Jack lives on by way of his son Max and I’m sure he will do his dad proud as he grows in confidence and maturity.T.O.R.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Awww..... I am so sorry that you have lost your friend. There is such a deep love from a dog that makes me wonder whatever did we do to deserve such devotion. They bring us such joy and it hurts so bad when they leave. I am glad that you have his son, Max.

Bossroo

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
TOR - I am so sorry to hear that Jack has left your farm to go to work at the big stockyard in the sky.

Latest posts