A NEW DIRECTION FOR THE OLD RAM

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
BRRRR... Is it cold early for you? The temperatures here are a little crazy. We have a few days of 60's and 70's F and then we had several nights in the 20's. Up and down like a yo-yo. It got back down to 27 last night but the sun is supposed to be mostly out today and temperatures again in the 60's....
Some of the fruit trees here are starting to bloom and there will be some loss again. Wish it would not get so warm early and then drop again. Would much rather see it in the 50's and down to the 20's and 30's.... then trees would not be in such a rush to blossom.

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hope that you are doing okay @The Old Ram-Australia .... I am sure that with the winter upon you that you are busy trying to keep things going and all. Hope things are still status quo with Jenny...
Thinking of you
X3

I was just thinking about them the other day. It’s been a few months since @The Old Ram-Australia posted and I was missing his posts.

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
G'day folks,it's been quite a while and lots has happened in the meantime.Recently I have made the decision to have Jenny move to residential care shortly when a place in the desired care provider becomes vacant.Her car is now all consuming and they will care for her with 3 nurses over the 24 hours unlike me over the time frame 24/7.I came to this decision after suffering total psychicial and mental exhaustion trying to keep on top of her needs. The funding of her future care has required me to sell 40%of the farm,which we had planned for in our retirement, still it is going to be a tough time for her as well as myself i think. I do wonder how others cope as the bond is $550.000 plus a fund for other things she will need.

On the farm front lambing is well under way and things seem to be going OK,lucky the new flock is caple of in the main looking after itself as I have little time in the day after attending to Jenny's needs. Mey had a very nice little of pups which I am starting puppy school at the minute.....Hope you enjoy the lamb spam and I will add some on the puppies later...T.O.R.

Attachments

• DSCN6295.JPG
    DSCN6295.JPG
    385 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCN6289.JPG
    DSCN6289.JPG
    331.8 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCN6311.JPG
    DSCN6311.JPG
    224.4 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCN6313.JPG
    DSCN6313.JPG
    209.9 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCN6304.JPG
    DSCN6304.JPG
    231.3 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCN6303.JPG
    DSCN6303.JPG
    246.5 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCN6317.JPG
    DSCN6317.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 44

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am also very sad for you but understand it very well. My mom had to have 24 hr care which my father had help in the home. But he did not have a farm to care for either. It was very expensive and I don't know where things would have gone had she lived much longer. She was not even ambulatory. My heart goes out to you having to make a very difficult decision. Prayers that somehow she will adapt and that you will be able to find peace with her having the constant tending to that she needs.
The lambs look great and it is blessing that you have that to occupy your mind at times.
I was wondering about the puppies... I think she was expecting the last time you were on h the forum.
God bless you... we care....

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am also very sad for you but understand it very well. My mom had to have 24 hr care which my father had help in the home. But he did not have a farm to care for either. It was very expensive and I don't know where things would have gone had she lived much longer. She was not even ambulatory. My heart goes out to you having to make a very difficult decision. Prayers that somehow she will adapt and that you will be able to find peace with her having the constant tending to that she needs.
The lambs look great and it is blessing that you have that to occupy your mind at times.
I was wondering about the puppies... I think she was expecting the last time you were on h the forum.
God bless you... we care....
Perfectly said! X3!