A NEW DIRECTION FOR THE OLD RAM

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
What a deal and a great opportunity for you. I bet those sheep are glad to be on your farm, grass, cooling shade trees, what a difference! And already dropping lambs! Plus you found a market for wethers, that was a good contact to make. :clap

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
G'day, here is a pic of some of the Damara's /2nd Wiltipool group,it was taken about 1 month ago and since then 2 have lambed (Damaras),3 of the B.H. Dorpers have also lambed .

When the sun comes out I will try for some new pic's.....T.O.R.
JULY 2019 002.JPG

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
OK,OK,lamb pic's it will be.BTW, our first Awassi lamb was born yesterday,sex unknown, we will try for some pic's today/tomorrow.

There is more exciting news for the farm in the near future,will not know for sure for about 2 weeks......T.O.R.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
WHAT?? Exciting news for the farm, then you leave us hanging? Your first Awassi lamb! Pictures!

haha, got a funny. I let the sheep out to graze our yard this afternoon. This evening I went to put them up and saw a funny shape under the trailer. We have a dump trailer that Trip, our Great Pyrenees has dug deep holes under and he lies under the trailer in the heat of the day. I call it Trip's Office. I looked again, and a sheep was laying in the hole under the trailer!

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
G'day folks,this post is not the new news you were expecting.

Last Saturday I was carried by ambulance to the capital hosp for emergency surgery on one of my kidneys.After a successful operation i was sent home only to be told that i will require two more surgery's in the next two months .

So the new pic's will have to wait as i am under strict instructions from doctor (and Jenny) that i "must " take it easy so the inflamed nature of the kidney can calm down and undertake a level of repair.

Currently we have gale and cold conditions ,but all the sheep are in "safe" paddocks with adequate tree cover and from what we can observe all the lambs are doing OK.

I hope we can get some pic's of the new lambs in the next week or so,because so far all is good with my recovery and i am taking "no" painkillers and have very little pain from the surgery.Saw my doc today,he is satisfied that i am progressing well and should recover given adequate rest and not exerting my self unduly.

I will post updates as they come to hand......T.O.R.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That had to be scary! I am glad the surgery repaired what was wrong or at least got the process started, as you have two more to go. Do what the doctor says, you don’t want to mess up his work by lifting or doing something stupid. Is there anyone that can help you and Jenny? I will pray for a speedy recovery for you.