about our members

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
an it sure sounds like you stay real busy with your work as well.

chicken_boy_Kurt

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hey, I'm still fairly new here but was already welcomed by some of the members. I live on a farm with chickens, horses, cats, a dog, and I have fish, (we used to have goats and sheep but we got rid of them :().

Right now I do not have a cow, but I am saving up from my job milking at my neighbours farm (that is the reason I joined BYCows) to by one of his heifers. I am still waiting to ask my dad. Cross your fingers he says yes :fl.

The breed I would get is an Ayrshire, because besides Holstiens they are the only breed I could get easily, and I don't like Holsiens that much because I've seen too many on the many dairy farms around my area.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We have a bunch of new members again so, I thought I would rebring this up. If any of you new members would like to add to it even though you have a thread of your own go ahead. Just copy your introduction and paste it over here.

Hayladee

Just born
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here and am known as the Hayladee around here. I live and work on a small beef cow/calf farm in Pa. We farm about 250 acres, mostly rented ground. the home farm is mainly pastured for the cows. We raise fullblood Piedmontese cattle and use fullblood bulls on the crossbred commercial herd. We raise corn and hay mainly to feed and I sell excess hay at the local hay auctions and to private customers.....that is where I am heading in about an hour. I'm enjoying this group and look forward to exchanging ideas. things are done quite differently in different areas of the country, also things that work well in large operations are just not cost effective in small ones. Forgot to add I'm married to the same great guy for almost 29 years now. We have 2 sons and a lovely daughter, all grown now and they've given us 5 wonderful grandbabies.....

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
its always nice to learn about our members.sounds like you keep yourself busy.

Pure Country

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have been married for almost 25 yrs. We have 2 daughters who are 23 and 21. One is with the local sheriff's dept and the other is in NC going to Law Enforcement Ranger training. She has decided tho that she wants to get into law enforcement rather that the park service. Hubby is medically retired from the Ft. Hood Fire Dept, Ft. Hood, Texas. I am a security supervisor at Boeing. I have been here 18 yrs. Hubby is from the great state of Texas and both girls were born there. We are hoping to move back but it is taking longer than planned.

We have a small "farm" in Central Ga. We have a small herd of registered Limousin cattle that we raise for show, breeding and sale. We got started in it about 5 1/2 years ago when our daughters were still in school. They showed for FFA and 4-H. They did pretty good. Now they only show open shows when they have time. We are lifetime members with NALF and members of the Ga. Limousin Association. The youngest daughter is a member of the Ga. Cattlemans Assoc. but when it time to renew membership, it will be under the farm name as she is no longer considered a junior member. We sold our herd bull back in March and hopefully replace him with one of the bull calves that were born this year.

We also have horses, mostly reg. QH, 2 reg. paints, 2 grade and an unreg. TB mare. I got my first horse when I was 18 as my dad was in the Army but I had been around them one way or another growing up.

We have about 10 reg. cows, 2 of which are red. Six of those have calves at their side. Out of 6 that have been born since the 1st of Aug. only one is a heifer. One of the calves is homozygous black.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
this thread is growing nicely.come on new members tell us about you.

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
hi there! i don't now how i missed this one. it sure does sound nice! i've been married 34 years had 3 kids 2 boys and 1 girl all grown now. my yougest son is 31 has 4 kids, he's the director of the honor building at UCF his wife a nurse. my middle son 32 has 3 kids, and is also going to law inforce classes, he divoce. and my daughter 33 has 2 kids and divoce but has boyfreind. my husband is self emplyed, boat eng, but he's back to school to finish his law stuff too. me just a wife, mom, grandma. and finally take time to be a country girl. well more like a old county girl hahaha, but i', loving it. 2 hens 1 rooster hope for more!! 2 heifers hope for more!! 2 cats that good enough and 1 golden retiver good there to!! well that's my live in small town inverness, fl. my youngest son calls it the woods!!! he's a city boy.

Latest posts