Adams flea and tick spray

tbarry2185

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I have been told by many people to use some adams flea and tick mist with pyrethrum but could not find only can find adams flea and tick plus spray it says nothing about lice only flea and tick will this work. I am located in northeast pa so it's getting cold here. I forgot to say my four fainters have some lice and found one tick. I use ivomectin as a wormer but didn't really want to use it for lice Bc chane for resistant. I am newer to goats and never had to deal with this so if giving a suggestion please fully explain so I understand. Things like dosage, how to give, ....... Thanks in advance....

emmapal

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I buy Adam's Plus at Tractor Supply, but read the active ingredients as the last one I bought is something other than pyrethrum. You can google pyrethrum and find lots of organic-approved sprays from gardening supply, etc. http://www.motherearthnews.com/organic-gardening/make-organic-pyrethrum-spray-zw0z1304zkin.aspx
Petco and Petsmart also both sell it. The Plus works just fine, just has another type of pesticide. I use both bottles of mine, and both are effective against a host of pests including fleas, ticks, lice, mites, and mosquitoes. I like it because it is safe for cats, so I can use the same product on my cats, dogs, chickens, and goats. I even spritz my socks with it during chigger season when I am working outside. It is not organic, so I use it sparingly.

larryj57

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Works well for lice, if i hadn't used it in the spring my poor old horse would have been miserable.Great for fly repellant