Alaskan's Journal

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have chains for the front... yeah... might help some...

Now.... where did we put them?

Sure hope it wasn't on the ground.... :he

However.... today a support piece that holds up the snowblower hydraulics busted. Super hefty bit of iron rod with flat bits on each end.

Kid 3 is going to try to make up a new one tomorrow... before and after work..

He did finish the next door drive before it busted... but hadn't touched ours.

Ah well... we should be able to leave the house tomorrow.... and then when he comes home... just park at neighbors.

Maybe.... :fl

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
My front door.

20211209_175223.jpg

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ha! Found the chains for the front tires on the bobcat.

We had NOT left them on the ground... we had chucked them into the cab of the old plow truck. Good us!

Anyway... it was a BEAR for kid 3 to make it to work today.

Since he hadn't cleaned our driveway yesterday.... he kept getting stuck in the snow, trying to go downhill and out.

Other kids had to go out with him... shovel him out 2 or 3 times... but then he somehow managed to get the rest of the way out.

A friend is driving for us to the next town up, to pick up a replacement part...Kid 3 was going to weld a new one... but turns out he had a super busy workload today...no extra time....

Friend driving to get the part, means no one else had to try to leave the house.

Friend will hand it to kid... and kid will maybe try to get up the hill on the neighbor's driveway.

Kid blew that Thursday afternoon ... but if course.... it has been snowing since.

And I DID try to get ahold of 3 different plow guys.... everyone is swamped! So nope, no outside help.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow....just an unfortunate messy series of events. Glad you found the chains!!l. Every once in a while I find something that I've kinda/sorta laid down. But in a decently good place! 🤣🤣. We both know it was accidental but worked out! 👍😎🤣👏. I'll take it!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good, can you find my "hearing protectors with radio"?? I've looked everywhere I can think of where I would INTENTIONALLY put them.
:lol:

Yep.... that is always the question..

Where?

Smart allec kid... when I ask him to help me find something, his first question is always "so, where did you put it?" :smack

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good, can you find my "hearing protectors with radio"?? I've looked everywhere I can think of where I would INTENTIONALLY put them.
This probably won’t help you since you are a grownup. But when my kids were little and couldn’t find things, my first rule of looking was to check under the couch. MOST of the time, that was all that was necessary.

Now I have a different motto. If I can’t find something in any of the places it’s SUPPOSED to be, or that I think it would make sense for it to be, then I have to look in places that it’s NOT supposed to be.

Oh, and double and triple check where it actually belongs. I can’t count the number of times that I search all over for something, multiple times in its normal location, and I end up finding it in its proper drawer, but I just hadn’t looked thoroughly enough. :rolleyes: (I think that means I need to weed out and reorganize some drawers:hide)