Alaskan's Journal

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
How are the 2 of you feeling?
Newly surgerized eye is a bit scratchy... but NICE to have the eyes match.

Spouse was having some pain in the one done this morning... but is now fine.

The entire thing is CRAZY, because I can see distance, but zilcho close up. i can see street signs, and people across the room, and the bathroom in the restaurant I was able to find all by myself! But, close up is a blur. I was looking ultra dorky trying to zip up my coat. I could not see the end of the zipper to get them to meet.

Glory to God!!! They gave me readers so I can see my phone and zip my coat...

But though I have been blind all my life, I have never done this taking glasses on and off thing...

It will take some getting used to... but once I do it will rock.

Funny thing though... spouse was all "wow! The colors! So bright! So bright!"

And I was all "yeah, yeah, brighter, sure... but... I can SEE!!!!! Who cares if more lights suddenly turned on, and all colors shifted, I can SEE!"

And spouse "but the COLORS!!!! Turns out kid 3 isn't tan at all... he is white" and me "eh, who cares what color the kid is... I can SEE him!"

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glory to God!!! They gave me readers so I can see my phone and zip my coat...

But though I have been blind all my life, I have never done this taking glasses on and off thing...

It will take some getting used to... but once I do it will rock.
You can get progressive glasses that are clear at the top (no prescription) for distance and reader magnification at the bottom for close up. So then you don’t have to take them on and off. But progressives also take some getting used to. I won’t drive with mine on.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Huh... had to look it up.. 20/1000 is '7 to -8 diopter. I was to to -11. Spouse was worse than me. :ep

I have so many floaters that I often have to look up, or sideways or whatever so I can read.... so any kind of glasses that aren't single vision.... I just don't think would work for me.

BUT now with so much more light entering my eyes... no telling how things will work...

Need a week for my eyes to settle

Latest posts