Alaskan's Journal

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pictures of the pass,
20230821_121418.jpg

You can really sight in the rifle for 'distance' out there. Speaking of which I still need to do that. As always nice pics.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was thinking I should probably stick in here, so I can remember in future years...

The nasty "f" stuff all over on Friday morning, so September 8th.

Also, this year, for the first time I can remember, the fireweed didn't bloom. Most of it didn't even start to bloom. And now the pushky is mostly dead and wilted, some of the fireweed has just fallen over too. There are some leaves that are coloring up on a bit of the brush and fireweed that is still standing.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Weather has been strange all across there lower 48 this year, too. Portions in drought, portions in floods, temps extreme....yeah, a year to make records. You just don't see "normal" anywhere for long. 😖🤔
Truth.

My solar panels, in some months, made HALF what they made last year. And last year was also cloudy.

I hate cloudy ... I get very little done when it stays cloudy for ages.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Very depressing when it is dark for very long. A few dark days are nice - I get a lot of cooking done but too many and I seem to lose energy.
Ya know when I lived in the Midwest whenever we had sunny days I felt like it was a scramble to “use the day” now in sunny So Cal (35+ yrs) those cloudy days give me the “use the day” feeling. 🤣
And today is ….. cloudy 😊🤣. Weed whacked 8 batteries worth, going to modify a bedspread that I’ve been putting off (maybe), work the dogs some, maybe more weed whacking when the batteries are charged. Or - 🤣 maybe just chill out.