Alaskan's Journal

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Anyway... started to practice with him today... I think I could have gotten it into that head of his... now that he is older his brain just works better..
Yayyy
but then the engine started to overheat... so we had to call it quits.
"Homer Simpson" DOH oh that's great timing.
Anyway, now that Kid 2 is driving a bunch, he is feeling more confident driving... so this summer when the roads are better, I think it will be time to teach him.
Well he should be better with the roads by then and able to focus on the stick part of it.
For some reason Kid 3 has never had issues with driving... or anything practical.
Some are gifted or better than others. I like to think that of me. :gig I'm the third boy.lol Yet when my grandpa tried to teach me how to drive a stick, my first time with a stick, I threw grandma off the tail gate trying to back up out of the drive.:confused::hide.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
So...

4 of the kids, plus loaner kid, all drove themselves to the ski resort 4 hours away (kid 3 driving, since he is a better driver than kid 2).

They took the better car, the only automatic, since it is a long drive...

So when kid 1 had to go into town for a job thing... I had to drive him down... and after the job thing we attempted the lesson on how to drive a stick...

What I didn't mention is that I did my errands... and then had time to kill....

So I went to the coffee house... but, remember, I no longer drink coffee....

So... what to drink????

Well..... to the right of the long list of coffee choices were odd things I never look at...so I picked the first one on that list.... Chai :idunnoSounded tootie frooty, so probably caffeine free???? :idunno

Then they asked if I wanted my Chai as zen Chai or as Alaska Chai... again...:idunno

I guessed that Alaska probably meant they added caffeine... so picked zen... zen is supposed to be calm... right? Calm should equal no caffeine.

Yes...I COULD have asked questions... but nope, I didn't.

Anyway... the zen Chai wasn't as scary as I thought it might be... it was odd... smelled odd... but nice.... tasted ok....

I am SO old and stuck in my ways. :lol:

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Grandpa WAS going to drive and only a few hundred yards so he thought it a good time to start.. Well it's a short drive and with me and grandpa in the front of a single cab with driving lessons, it's not that bad to sit on the tail gate half way across a 30acre pasture.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks like eldest finally got a job with decent hours... which means... :barnie we will be down a car.

This is going to get tricky.

So... 2 kids started to dig out the old Ford, we will try to get the front end fixed for a reasonable cost....

After hours of work... not yet done

20210324_175227.jpg