AlleysChicks 2019 Kindling Thread

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
She pulls herself borderline bald lol Marilyn's nest is the same.
I've never had any luck feeling any babies but I'm pretty sure when I was rubbing Marilyn's belly earlier I felt at least one good size knot about the size of a baby. She'll probably wait until I'm at work tomorrow to have them.
Oh she'll wait...they always do :lol: The only time I've been around to see a litter born was when my Holland lop doe aborted her litter of three...2 stillborns and a live one! I still have that one, he's a super beautiful black buck now 4 months old. I used to be really bad at palpating but now I can do it real easy in my lops..my lionheads are hard though. Not sure why :idunno

AlleysChicks

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Oh she'll wait...they always do :lol: The only time I've been around to see a litter born was when my Holland lop doe aborted her litter of three...2 stillborns and a live one! I still have that one, he's a super beautiful black buck now 4 months old. I used to be really bad at palpating but now I can do it real easy in my lops..my lionheads are hard though. Not sure why :idunno
I've never had luck. I've had Californians, mini lops, lionheads, Himalayans and new Zealands. I cant feel anything lol

AlleysChicks

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ha ha! I used to be that way too...practice though! You'll get it at some point then once you do it's super easy...at least on some does ;)
Do you have just the Lionheads now?
Mostly. I have a New Zealand doe and a young blue standard Rex buck. I've been looking for a new Zealand buck but I can't find a adult only newly weaned babies.

AlleysChicks

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure you've tried this already but have you looked on craigslist?
Sometimes under farm and garden people sell adult meat rabbits for breeding
yeah, I jump between the 2 closest cities. I've also checked my rabbit fb groups. Theres a ton 3 and 4 hrs away but I dont want to make that trip for 1 little rabbit.

AlleysChicks

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Just went out to do my morning check. Marilyn had 4 babies! I was expecting 2 at the most!
20190803_063319.jpg