Allow me to Introduce myself (some people will get it)

Hillaire

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hello,
My name is JK I'm a converter from BYC (will still be over there) to here. My fiancé and I have decided to get 2 Oberhasli goats (1 doeling, 1 wether). We will be getting them end of the month. Right now on our little "farm" we have 7 bourbon red turkeys, 50 ish cochin bantam chickens (c'mon it's hatch season) 8 ducks and 2 guinea hens. I grew up on a dairy farm so having dairy goats is something I am really excited for. I wanted to introduce myself as I'm sure I will have plenty of questions. Goats are obviously different from chickens and Holsteins lol. We have 10 ish acres for the goats to roam on and I plan to do electric netting from premier1. Everything I see here has mixed reviews but a lot of our terrain on the property is hilly and rocky it would be pretty expensive to dig in fence posts throughout and I like the idea of rotational grazing. Anyways thanks for having me can't wait to talk to you all.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are lots of goaties here that will be delighted to answer any questions you have.

Hillaire

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
thank you, forgot to mention that I am located in the Hudson valley of NY :)

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Greetings from Colorado. There are a lot of goat people here to help.

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Welcome from Oklahoma! I have 12 Cochins in the incubator right now. So far, looks like 12 live little buzzards. They go on lockdown Saturday. I also have goats, 2 Nubians and a pygmy. They're funny and great little creatures.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome. Please feel free to browse around and make yourself at home.