AmberLops Rabbitry Journal

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Miss @AmberLops,

An Aggie is a student or graduate of Texas A&M University, whose main campus is in College Station, TX. I am not sure how Aggies became the butt of jokes. I heard them as long as I can remember when I was growing up in NE Texas. I always thought that the jokes were funny, and even after attending and graduating from Texas A&M I still found the jokes to be a good way to laugh at ourselves. Just about everyone in Texas and in Arkansas knew about Aggie jokes, back when the Southwest Conference was around. I am not sure if the jokes became known in the Big Ten Conference, or if they are now known in the Southeast Conference, of which Texas A&M is now a member. I thought that Miss @RollingAcres would have known of them since she attended LSU (I think), but maybe the jokes were not common in Louisiana back then, since LSU was in the Southeast conference and Texas A&M was in the Southwest Conference back when she attended. So after @Mike CHS, Miss @Baymule and I introduced Miss @RollingAcres to the jokes, I now use the threat of posting Aggie jokes to her journal if she doesn't post every so often. But so you won't feel left out, here is your very own Aggie joke:

Two Aggies were hitchhiking back to the A&M campus when a farmer and his wife came along and offered them a ride. Since the old truck the farmer was driving was a single cab, the Aggies had to get in the bed of the truck. The farmer was driving along a levee next to a lake, was talking to his wife about their kids and wasn't paying attention to where he was driving. Suddenly the farmer drove into the lake. The water was deep there so the old truck sank quickly. The farmer and his wife climbed out of the truck, came to the surface, swam over to the bank, and climbed out. No sign of the Aggies. 10 seconds go by, 20 seconds, 30 seconds. Finally, after about a minute, the Aggies popped to the surface of the lake, coughing and gasping for breath. They swam over to the bank where the farmer and his wife were. The farmer asked the Aggies what took them so long. Replied one Aggie, "We like to have never got that tailgate down!"

Now you have your very own Texas Aggie joke. :)

Senile Texas Aggie

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Miss @AmberLops,

An Aggie is a student or graduate of Texas A&M University, whose main campus is in College Station, TX. I am not sure how Aggies became the butt of jokes. I heard them as long as I can remember when I was growing up in NE Texas. I always thought that the jokes were funny, and even after attending and graduating from Texas A&M I still found the jokes to be a good way to laugh at ourselves. Just about everyone in Texas and in Arkansas knew about Aggie jokes, back when the Southwest Conference was around. I am not sure if the jokes became known in the Big Ten Conference, or if they are now known in the Southeast Conference, of which Texas A&M is now a member. I thought that Miss @RollingAcres would have known of them since she attended LSU (I think), but maybe the jokes were not common in Louisiana back then, since LSU was in the Southeast conference and Texas A&M was in the Southwest Conference back when she attended. So after @Mike CHS, Miss @Baymule and I introduced Miss @RollingAcres to the jokes, I now use the threat of posting Aggie jokes to her journal if she doesn't post every so often. But so you won't feel left out, here is your very own Aggie joke:

Two Aggies were hitchhiking back to the A&M campus when a farmer and his wife came along and offered them a ride. Since the old truck the farmer was driving was a single cab, the Aggies had to get in the bed of the truck. The farmer was driving along a levee next to a lake, was talking to his wife about their kids and wasn't paying attention to where he was driving. Suddenly the farmer drove into the lake. The water was deep there so the old truck sank quickly. The farmer and his wife climbed out of the truck, came to the surface, swam over to the bank, and climbed out. No sign of the Aggies. 10 seconds go by, 20 seconds, 30 seconds. Finally, after about a minute, the Aggies popped to the surface of the lake, coughing and gasping for breath. They swam over to the bank where the farmer and his wife were. The farmer asked the Aggies what took them so long. Replied one Aggie, "We like to have never got that tailgate down!"

Now you have your very own Texas Aggie joke. :)

Senile Texas Aggie
:lol::lol: My very own Aggie joke! Thank you! :gig

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
My little doe Jessie is due tonight!
I'm excited but also worried...she has issues with litters most of the time.
It seems to go in 2's and 3's...when she has 2 kits, there are issues...but when she has 3 the kits are just fine. It might sound strange but that's how it's been since I've had her!
She's one of my favorite does though...she'll take in any kit, any age.
She's even fostered 3 week old kits from another doe :love I love her. You could put anything in her cage and she'd fall in love with it...such a sweetie.
Fingers crossed for a healthy litter tonight :fl

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
I thought that Miss @RollingAcres would have known of them since she attended LSU (I think), but maybe the jokes were not common in Louisiana back then, since LSU was in the Southeast conference and Texas A&M was in the Southwest Conference back when she attended.
I didn't know anything about Aggies being butt of jokes when I was attending LSU. I knew it refers to students or alumni from Texas A&M. Is Texas A&M a party school?