AmberLops Rabbitry Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
A cowboy, Indian and an Aggie were walking across the desert. The Indian had a water canteen so they could all have a drink. The cowboy had sandwiches so they all could have something to eat. The Aggie was carrying an automobile door. The cowboy and the Indian asked him why he was carrying a car door across the desert. The Aggie replied, "When it gets too hot, I can roll the window down and cool us off."

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
A cowboy, Indian and an Aggie were walking across the desert. The Indian had a water canteen so they could all have a drink. The cowboy had sandwiches so they all could have something to eat. The Aggie was carrying an automobile door. The cowboy and the Indian asked him why he was carrying a car door across the desert. The Aggie replied, "When it gets too hot, I can roll the window down and cool us off."
Ha ha ha! :lol::lol::yuckyuck

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is Texas A&M a party school?

Forgive my ignorance, but isn't A&M an ag school?....I know it is military, but thought it was also agriculture.....:idunno

I suppose that the students party hearty there, but it is a fairly tough school, not a diploma mill. The university was founded as a land grant college in 1876. The A&M part stands for Agriculture and Mechanical. As Miss @Baymule said, it formerly was an all male school with a large presence of military cadets. I am not sure when A&M went coed, but it was before I started attending in 1973. I think the ratio of male students to female students at the time I attended was something like 10 to 1. I suspect that now it would be a lot more even, especially as several of the smaller colleges and universities in Texas have been consolidated into either the University of Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and maybe others.

I have heard Aggie jokes as long as I can remember growing up in the 1950s and 1960s, so I suppose they were around long before then. But since I rarely went anywhere outside of Texas prior to graduating from Texas A&M, I did not know just how widespread the Aggie jokes were.

So when Miss @RollingAcres was slow about posting to her journal, I and others have threatened her with posting Aggie jokes unless she started back posting. (I was thinking that she had heard Aggie jokes while attending LSU. It turned out that wasn't the case, but she has enjoyed them since she was introduced to them.) So far the threat has worked but I sometimes have to remind her!

Senile Texas Aggie

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well one of Jessie's kits is MISSING!
I was gone all day, just got back about an hour ago and the lilac kit is gone....I tore her nest apart looking for it, it wasn't there and I moved all the cages around...still no luck. My guess is that it got out of the box (on a nipple) and climbed over Jessie and through the space above the baby-savers...just a guess but I have no clue. I'm so disappointed! I was really looking forward to having a lilac :hit
Oh well...I'll keep looking around the yard but i'm sure it's eaten by now :barnie

Latest posts