AmberLops Rabbitry Journal

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
A couple of projects i'm working on.
The first is a little 'spring garden' and I planted tons of bulbs there for the spring...dahlias, tulips, anemones and I can't remember the others right now :)

2nd project is an attempt to keep my lemon trees alive through the winter...using cinder blocks and a window to make a cold-frame...it's almost done just have to add a few more cinder blocks.
101_1798.JPG
101_1787.JPG

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Miss @AmberLops,

Your rabbits are adorable! And the land around your house is beautiful! I can understand why your residence is a sanctuary for you, especially considering the craziness at your work. Speaking of your work, how's the job search coming? IIRC, you mentioned possibly working at TSC. Did anything come of that?

Senile Texas Aggie

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Miss @AmberLops,

Your rabbits are adorable! And the land around your house is beautiful! I can understand why your residence is a sanctuary for you, especially considering the craziness at your work. Speaking of your work, how's the job search coming? IIRC, you mentioned possibly working at TSC. Did anything come of that?

Senile Texas Aggie
Thanks! I love this property...the house might be small all the space outdoors makes up for it :)
I was hoping to get that job at TSC...still waiting on a call from them. Got an email yesterday saying that they viewed my resume. :fl

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Love the broken babes, all furred out! I looked at Luna to see how "skirted" worked. You said her back had shorter hair. I couldn't even FIND her back :lol: What a fluff ball, that girl!
Ha ha! :lol:
Here's an example of a 'single-maned' Lionhead for comparison. *Not my picture*
Notice how it has just a mane and shorter fur on the body ;)
lionhead.jpg

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
The only leaf color is see is green, green and more green! LOL Those are some cute newborns. They are so helpless, blind and naked, but they sure don't stay that way for long.
They sure don't!
My favorite age is between 2 and 5 weeks :p When they get older, they learn how to use their claws!

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know...
Due to some i'm having to rehome most of my rabbits.
Last week I contacted an Angora breeder in KY and she came by today and took all of them.
They're so much work with their hair and the grooming. I just don't have it in me to do that over the next few months. I already sold the Netherland Dwarfs so that made things easier there.
And I decided to sell those 3 Lionhead babies that I planned on keeping...the black kit and the 2 Charlies. But i am keeping my 2 Lionhead does (Emma and Luna) and my Lionhead buck.
Rye, the VM LionLop is staying for sure, I love her personality.
I sold 3 of my Holland Lops, including the Fuzzy Lop...but plan on keeping the rest. I can't part with any more of the Lops, they're too special.
So my total number of rabbits will be going down to 13 :(
9 Holland Lops, 3 Lionheads and a LionLop.
It's so sad to see them go, but it has to be done. Taking care of 13 will be much easier than taking care of 50+ rabbits!

Last edited:

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Took some pictures of the property today, just for fun. I realized I hadn't taken any of the actual land around my house...so here it is :)
First picture is the only leaf with color in my whole yard, and I have no idea where it came from! No trees around me have these colors...but driving around the trees a few miles away are changing color and they're beautiful! Maybe my trees are next ;)View attachment 67091 View attachment 67093 View attachment 67094 View attachment 67095 View attachment 67096 View attachment 67097 View attachment 67098 View attachment 67099 View attachment 67100
The first pic came from a poison oak/virginia creeper vine...some individuals are sensitive to the oils of them...and they usually grow together with poison ivy....the tree that has the prettiest colors of leaves, in that area, is the sweet gum...it will produce yellow, red, and a really deep burgandy colors, some leves will be spotted with a mix of those colors...:)...the rabbits are really cute!!....:thumbsup

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
The first pic came from a poison oak/virginia creeper vine...some individuals are sensitive to the oils of them...and they usually grow together with poison ivy....the tree that has the prettiest colors of leaves, in that area, is the sweet gum...it will produce yellow, red, and a really deep burgandy colors, some leves will be spotted with a mix of those colors...:)...the rabbits are really cute!!....:thumbsup
Good to know! Glad I don't have a reaction to it ;) I've also never heard of a sweet gum tree! But googling pictures of them now, I see them everywhere around here :)

Latest posts