Anatolian Pyrenees

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ugh, that sucks! Maybe a certified letter now with a brief statement that I own parcels x,y, and z per included map. Logging and trespassing is not allowed and will be prosecuted per applicable statues.

If they come on your property and tangle with you or pup, it will be proof of wilfull violation. And proof you know who is doing the logging.
Yes the two red arrows are two people who steal trees from the properties without any arrows on them. I already told them to their face and caught them a few times. Problem is one has his kids do the lookout for the both of them as they work together. If not I would of slit a few lower radiator hoses by now or worse. Their favorite thing is to wait till I leave, one way in, one way out, it's how I caught them is I made a loop back around thirty minutes later.
I think he means mailing a letter to the property owner.

Won’t the law do anything about the timber theft?
Not my property, owners live in other states, so nope no one to press charges.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Timber mills here have to have proof of where the timber came from, plus the identification of the seller. Timber theft is real.

Too bad these thieves are stealing the resources off the land.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Timber mills here have to have proof of where the timber came from, plus the identification of the seller. Timber theft is real.

Too bad these thieves are stealing the resources off the land.
Oh they are stealing for their firewood instead of using their own trees. One of the thieves actually doesn't own the land they are squatting on, it's their sisters property. Thought about buying it from underneath them if I could get a hold of the sister. No luck they live in Oregon.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thought about buying it from underneath them if I could get a hold of the sister.
Problem with squatters is getting them off the land. Not sure about Montana, but some states won't let you go in and reclaim your own property. If you throw their stuff out of the house they claim damages from you. If they abandon it in a rental you can't just dump it - you have to store it and give them a chance to get it AT YOUR EXPENSE!
STUPID! :barnie:he:rant:somad

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Problem with squatters is getting them off the land. Not sure about Montana, but some states won't let you go in and reclaim your own property. If you throw their stuff out of the house they claim damages from you. If they abandon it in a rental you can't just dump it - you have to store it and give them a chance to get it AT YOUR EXPENSE!
STUPID! :barnie:he:rant:somad
CA and WA I know that is true for sure.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Pooch is growing fast as all large dogs do. He has gotten somewhat knowing the routine of which way we are going to walk the property, I can go any direction, but he knows if we are going this way we are going to walk along the side of the road about 10 plus feet away or on this side of the fence line, never crossing the fence line. At first it was follow me and I have to wait for him to catch up, other times it's him leading the way and only getting 20' ahead at most and waiting for me. Either way I change directions to let him know he isn't in charge and must do what I say and go where I go.
Slowly learning sit and wants to give hand shake, but when I say come here he comes. Ran into a pile of fresh coyote schit and he was pretty furious about that. He really wanted to track the prints too, so I let him so he learns smells and what they lead to on how old tracks are. When he has had enough he will tell me and starts just sitting down refusing to move, but I coax him along and award for listening. Found a deer bone he enjoyed chewing on, so I carried it back for him when done for good job.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Alright, time to get a vibrate/shock collar on this dog. Recommendations? Gets where the birds congregate at namely around their feed trough and water trough even with no birds there and doesn't listen no matter what, till I throw a rock at him to break his attention. Don't have to hit him, just hit whatever is near him and he finally listens.
I don't shop on Amazon, so if it's there I won't buy it.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Unless y'all got other recommendations on what to do to break his attention. It's like he is glued to it, even tried tugging on collar and telling him lets go and no, but he wants what is on the ground and will even go back for it.