Anatolian Pyrenees

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Can't pass up a connecting piece giving you access to your other parcels. Hope you can pull it off.
:clap
Here is a better view of the debacle of properties. Green ones I currently own, yellow is the potential one, red ones are tree thieves, the 300 acres is to the north of my green arrow ones. Purple one is where some crazy woman so far off her rocker just mention her name in a town of 8500 residents and they have a story. Blue arrows is some kids who think adobe homes work in Montana without using sand for cob and the black arrow is a cattle company pasture. Everything to the left of the furthest green arrows is BLM land and the one who leases it for his cattle rotation. Moon creek is county road, but the road up around here and loops around I own most of it.

You know that phrase; "There goes the neighborhood", it's true! I bought it all up! :lol:
When I get enough I'm going to change the road name too since it's private.

Now question is, should I take Pooch down the road to walk the other properties I own too or should I keep him just where his job is at? Eventually I might own all in between the green arrows.
Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 12-56-38 Montana Cadastral.png

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Keep Pooch where his job is. Don't encourage him to wander.

Keep after it, and you will wind up with the whole neighborhood!
Glad to hear it from ones with experience. We bought the first parcel in 2017, not bad for 6 going on 7 years from raw land with nothing to this.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Sequestered Ridge Ranch Tree thieves? Tell me more please.
If there is a vacant property out here they are stealing trees off of it, namely mostly the largest one and they are getting awful close to my properties. I have bought a couple of properties they stole off of, but nothing I can do since I didn't own it at the time. Trying to get the 300 acres to the north before they take more. Problem is mail is only way to get a hold of them which I need to mail them and see if they will sell or lease.
One of these days they will be on my property and it's going to get ugly.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ugh, that sucks! Maybe a certified letter now with a brief statement that I own parcels x,y, and z per included map. Logging and trespassing is not allowed and will be prosecuted per applicable statues.

If they come on your property and tangle with you or pup, it will be proof of wilfull violation. And proof you know who is doing the logging.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Woah. I wondered about that as well. So people just come in and cut down what they want and take it out?! Geeze.
While we don't have that, we do have people who will pick/grab avocados to the point where most if not all groves are fenced off and signs posted that "Avocado Theft is a Crime" (yeah I know as if a sign will stop it - but I guess it gives some "legal" punch when needed).