Another Texan Newcomer

flylo

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Howdy from central Texas!
Photos coming (soonish)

I recently retired from Texas A&M and am going 'backwards in time'. I currently have a huge packet of seed I'm putting to either seedling trays or starting to direct seed. Baker Creek Seeds is where I get the majority of my vegetable and flower seed because I love the idea of heirloom plants from around the world. (www.rareseed.com)

Also have 11 Paso Fino horses, some are trail riding stock, some still need to be put under saddle.
10 Registered Texas Longhorns that share pastures with the mares.
Chickens: 4 Blue Marans and an assortment of 1/2 grown pullets: Anconas, Cochins, Speckled Sussex, Blue Andalusians.
recent trade: 1 wild turkey hen for a Buff Orpington and an Aracauna hen.

Coming soon: 2 Saanen baby doelings. Here is my backwards in time because I used to raise and show Oberhasli when they were quite rare. Sold the herd when I started at A&M and said NEVER would I have dairy goats again. (Never say never!) Now I'm looking forward to raising them up to be milkers. Hopefully, finding a compatible buck won't be TOO hard to do when the time comes!

OH, and least I forget, our 'baby', our Weimaraner Ana. Because she's such an energetic, active dog, we bought a golf cart so I can keep up with her on our daily runs. I look forward to taking the does out on walks with her. Even though Weims are bird dogs, she loves the chickens. Another 'backwards in time', when she hunts, she sniffs out the path BACKWARDS where the rabbit or squirrel, deer., etc. came from, not where it is going! When she does run up on something like an armadillo, it's 'Tag, you're it.' She would never bite or hurt anything.

Take care and looking forward to reading posts.
flylo

greenbean

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
:welcome from NC! I can't wait to see pictures!

I love Weimaraners, they're such beautiful dogs :love

Shelly May

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
:welcome, from Kentucky, we are still backwards in time here :plbb

Latest posts