Assess This Craigslist Post?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
To be completely honest, I wouldn't touch the whole mess with a 10 foot pole. The rabbits could bring in disease and sickness, they are a mis-mash of what the heck ever. The owner is ignorant of basic information and the cages look ready for the burn pile. It might take more time and effort to rehab the cages, and still have old cages, than to just build new ones, made to your own specifications. Not trying to be mean, but I would give it a pass.

You are the only one who can decide if it's worth it to you...

At the end of the day, this is true and only you know if it is right for you or not.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm not impressed, either with the rabbits or the cages. These rabbits were acquired as pets, which means nothing about breeding potential was considered; they may be perfectly healthy but simply too old to breed. The wire on the cages is hardware cloth, which makes me suspect that they were built from whatever was available at the time. They may be hard to clean, need frequent repairs, it's hard to say from here. If what you want is a small-time breeding operation, you'd probably be money ahead just starting from scratch. I feel sorry for this person; "need gone today" situations are never a good place to be.:(

DellaMyDarling

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thanks all.

Seller also giving very limited and infrequent answers, so I'd say pass on by.
Doesn't seem much in the way for rabbitries near me.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
I agree with Bee and Bay...if you're looking for a certain breed, contact the ARBA or your local 4H.
When I first started out with my rabbits I got most of them from breeders, a few from craigslist (i made sure they were pedigreed/registered) and 3 at a 4H show at the county fair. You can get some great bloodlines if you look for them! :)