1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Learning colors and terms? - Discussion thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

B&B Happy Goats....journal

Discussion in 'Member's "BackYardHerds" Journals' started by B&B Happy goats, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Oct 22, 2018
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats True BYH Addict

BACK TO THE COUNTRY. ...AGAIN, .....i guess, i have found home again, where my heart is happy and my interaction with humans are by my own choice. The best part of being retired is living life the way you want to ....instead of the way you need to live.... we found our place "in the middle of nowhere" , surrounded by cows, goats, and all kinds of farm animals, ... with the human homes far enough away....and in the middle of it all was a sign that said ...for sale.... To me it was heaven, i could live around all the animals, watch them and enjoy them , I didn't even have to get up and feed any of them,... fantastic ! ...For my husband...he looked at me like i was a total nut case and promply said...they don't even have internet here, WTH are you thinking, we are too far away from stores, and there is alot of work to do here, OMG...are you serious ? And two years later, we are happier than ever....we have our ND goats, chickens, rabbits, two dogs and a very brave cat....my husband freaked at the thought of getting goats, now when i am looking for him, and he appears to be among the missing, i look out the window and find him sitting with the goats, patting, giving them a treat and talking with them, ....a love affair with goats has developed for him...and that makes me happy.

PattyNH, Devonviolet, Baymule and 8 others like this.
  2. Oct 22, 2018
    Mike CHS

Mike CHS Herd Master Golden Herd Member

Funny how getting animals changes things and people.. :)

3. Oct 22, 2018
    B&B Happy goats

After settling in and sneaking in more animals, one by one....i do most of the feeding and husband does the building projects to house them , and builds the goats playground. .. the chickens that came from our neighbor are in need of a larger shelter and roost but are not complaining at all. Rabbits are growing and we will be breeding in a few more months....Finding BYH has been a blessing, i came to the emergency section due to my newly purchased eight month doeling Samantha, long story short she is gone onto greener pastures with her doe, and we finally have a great vet. Samanthas sister Amber, is also pregnant and i am on alert as this is the projected week for kidding, or whatever is going to happen. Amber looks wonderfully content and happy, healthy and is eating and drinking....keeping my hopes that she will not follow the same path as her sister....so, will keep ya all up to date this week on how it all goes.....also as a side note, when we moved here, i named this place THE LAST STOP, my ashes are to go into a hole in the big oak tree that we live under, that way i can still keep a eye on things around here, lol, have a great day, and take time to hug your critters and the humans that matter to you all...and thank you for all your help and frindships that are developing.

PattyNH, Devonviolet, Baymule and 8 others like this.
  4. Oct 22, 2018
    CntryBoy777

CntryBoy777 Herd Master Golden Herd Member

Sure hope everything goes well for ya and the enjoyment continues to grow and develope for ya both.....:)

5. Oct 22, 2018
    B&B Happy goats

Thank you, its funny but back when i had my farm in the wonderful hippy days, we never gave shots to goats, can't remember trimming hoofs and parasites were not a issue....but then again that was in new hampshire and now i am in florida where mushrooms grow overnight after a rain...and they are not the kind you can eat! Its still fun and in my head im still a hippy, lol

6. Oct 22, 2018
    Latestarter

Latestarter Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry Golden Herd Member

It's wonderful that you and your partner have found your place to finally settle in and enjoy. So happy to hear that he has "adjusted" to the life you wanted and is enjoying it. It sure is peaceful to just be with the animals as they don't seem to have the same stress levels that we have and do help us relax and unload, if even for a short time. Retirement is great... I highly recommend it to all. :old :)

7. Oct 22, 2018
    greybeard

greybeard Herd Master Golden Herd Member

Came to mind suddenly...

tmtsag.jpg

8. Oct 22, 2018
    B&B Happy goats

Dude you are one funny guy ! You got both of us laughing, i may have to paint that one on wood for him...i have a favor to ask of you, would you go back into the emergency...help needed trying to save my eight month goat that i posted....i have removed alot of my posts because they don't belong in that section. Would you be kind enough to remove the post that you posted with my location....that is probably very safe with members, but not with the lurkers...thank you, hugs and happy days to you

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Senile_Texas_Aggie likes this.
  9. Oct 22, 2018
    B&B Happy goats

Lol...., adjusted.?????..when samantha was in crisis, the vet and i were busy doing what was needed...the vet had him hold iv bag and told him to sqeeze real hard as vet wanted solution into her stat, i looked up to my husbands pale white face and thought, shi... i hope he doesn't pass out on the vet or the goat....after that part was over i dismissed him into the house knowing he would certainly pass out any moment....he came out when it was time to pay the vet.....he doesn't adjust at all to medical issues....but i do understand what you are saying....this man puts on gloves if he has to pick up a rabbit berry, ...then wash his hands...he makes me laugh all the time, and he was brought up in the country....i was brought up in the city....go figure

10. Oct 22, 2018
    Latestarter

Latestarter Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry Golden Herd Member

:yuckyuck

Rammy likes this.