B&B Happy Goats....journal

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
BACK TO THE COUNTRY. ...AGAIN, .....i guess, i have found home again, where my heart is happy and my interaction with humans are by my own choice. The best part of being retired is living life the way you want to ....instead of the way you need to live.... we found our place "in the middle of nowhere" , surrounded by cows, goats, and all kinds of farm animals, ... with the human homes far enough away....and in the middle of it all was a sign that said ...for sale.... To me it was heaven, i could live around all the animals, watch them and enjoy them , I didn't even have to get up and feed any of them,... fantastic ! ...For my husband...he looked at me like i was a total nut case and promply said...they don't even have internet here, WTH are you thinking, we are too far away from stores, and there is alot of work to do here, OMG...are you serious ? And two years later, we are happier than ever....we have our ND goats, chickens, rabbits, two dogs and a very brave cat....my husband freaked at the thought of getting goats, now when i am looking for him, and he appears to be among the missing, i look out the window and find him sitting with the goats, patting, giving them a treat and talking with them, ....a love affair with goats has developed for him...and that makes me happy.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
It's wonderful that you and your partner have found your place to finally settle in and enjoy. So happy to hear that he has "adjusted" to the life you wanted and is enjoying it. It sure is peaceful to just be with the animals as they don't seem to have the same stress levels that we have and do help us relax and unload, if even for a short time. Retirement is great... I highly recommend it to all. :old :)

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
i look out the window and find him sitting with the goats

Came to mind suddenly...

tmtsag.jpg

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
When I loss one of my hens back in July, I was down to 1 hen (long story short, we had 9 chicks and only 2 were hens). Not wanting her to be alone, I decided to order more chicks. I thought I've told DH about ordering more chicks but when they showed up, he was surprised. Later I heard him telling a friend that I secretly ordered the chicks and didn't tell him. lol

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm thinking next year I'll order some ducklings...when they show up I'll say, "I told you but you never listen" :lol:

lilly is another product of greed and stupidity
Unfortunately as long as there's money to be made, there's always going to be people out there "going it for the money" and they don't give a s*** about the animals.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
or women sometimes have selective memories...
"Well, I thought I told you, but in retrospect, I guess I only thought about it but never actually spoke the words."
Or
"I know I told you my sister was coming to visit..I walked right out there and told you while you were re-wiring that electric panel in the shop"