B&B Happy Goats....journal

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well good morning, will try a short update...while we have internet at the moment lol....leon had his left hand done this time, and he is a lefty so things are a little more difficult this time around and he is having more pain than last time he had the right done...so he can't do much of anything for three months according to his surgeon...
The weather has not been friendly here at all, rain rain and more rain...and that was before Sally dumped more rain and butt kicking thunderstorms...walking out to feed is a challenge , the fire ants are homeless and looking for anything to get on for a dry spot, including my legs and every critter that moves....
Lilly (dog) had a false pregnancy , which is fine with me as having a litter of puppies right now would be overwhelming...and I would much rather her being bred later..
We were supposed to get a pup from Jasmins litter but the breeder told me she didn't get bred either and was going to sell her...fast as I could, I bought her back and brought her home a week ago. ( that's another story for when I have more time )
We picked up Milo a few days ago as planned , so going from two inside dogs to four has been a adjustment for all of us. They are all doing great and them have a awesome pack mentality and definitely know who the alpha momma is.
Goats, pigs ,chickens, rabbits and ducks are good as can be considering the challenges of the rain and soggy ground covered with mushrooms and fire ants lol...the two bucks that are here from Texas are a ROYAL PITA...and I have contacted her and told her she needs to find someone else who will keep and feed them for free...I am done with them .
It's getting ready to rain again so I will just put up a picture of the "kids" and go feed critters and fire ants, hope everyone has a dry wonderful day :frow
20200916_145823.jpg

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just got back from the vet's with Jazz, her eyes are infected, both ears are infected and she is now on a bunch of meds to get her back to the condition she was in when I sold her...when I picked her up last week she was living in a outside sandy nasty kennel, she was mated from nose to tail, eyes were crusted shut, thorns in her matted coat...the anger was set aside as I saw her condition and I brought her home, leon and I put her on the kitchen island and worked on her for two hours until the groomer called me at 6:30 saying she would help, the groomer and I were finished stripping her at 10pm...she slept with me for three nights with a blanket on her to adjust to being inside in AC...I honestly can't tell you how guilty I feel for letting her go to a "home" wher she was supposed to be inside and taken care of...my anger at the "breeder /friend is overwhelming and I want to smack the life out of her and stick her into that nasty kennel for seven month to feel what this poor girl has gone through...after taking her today for treatment I broke into tears, the people at the vets are "taking care of notification to the appropriate people" so I don't have to be directly involved at the moment...unless it goes to court.
How does one get a license to breed and yet let this happen is beyond anything that I can comprehend...
Jazz is the most grateful dog , she is just so happy to be here again, and the other three are being wonderful to her...she is negative for parvo and heartworm thankfully and will recover from her issues in about two weeks.
Last night I got another text from the breeder telling me her DNA testing came back, she is negative on all hereditary issues. (All my dogs have been tested) and offered to buy her back if I ever wanted to sell her...that will NEVER HAPPEN...
So that's basically the story of what has kept me so busy lol...puppy, rescue, two healthy dogs and a husband recovering from surgury...I am doing my best not to go confront the breeder as my anger would surely land my butt in jail,
Have a good day all..