B&B Happy Goats....journal

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Pups are fat and healthy, mom is happy and taking care of them perfectly, really enjoying this "quite" period till the pups are on the move and need out of the welping box :clap
when do you let yours out of the whelping box? this is not something I ever planned on doing.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
when do you let yours out of the whelping box? this is not something I ever planned on doing.
We built a extra large welping box that big enough for me and a 65 lb dog and her puppies, when they start climbing out, then it's time to move them on to the next puppy area till eight weeks....can't tell you the exact time, but usually around five to six weeks, some sooner...got to play it by ear

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We built a extra large welping box that big enough for me and a 65 lb dog and her puppies, when they start climbing out, then it's time to move them on to the next puppy area till eight weeks....can't tell you the exact time, but usually around five to six weeks, some sooner...got to play it by ear
minor in half of a wooden crate that is 3x5. they are in a stall though so I'm wondering at what point to go ahead and remove the crate or at least get them out of it and put them in a box on its side or something so they can move around.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
minor in half of a wooden crate that is 3x5. they are in a stall though so I'm wondering at what point to go ahead and remove the crate or at least get them out of it and put them in a box on its side or something so they can move around.
Your pups are larger so they would need more space sooner, do they have a heat source out in the stall ? If they are up on their feet walking then I would give them the whole stall with some heat to go to if it's cold, and check that they are all piling up together to sleep, once mom stops nursing them they do pretty well independently...just keep that food coming and they will be happy :love

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I definitely know that I don't. When you get rid of yours would you mind working on these Christmas puppies? The runt is gone and two are spoken for, but five still need homes. As half Anatolian and half Great Pyrenees though they're going to be a bit bigger. lol
.View attachment 80436
If your looking to GIVE them away, offer them here on BYH.( people could pay to have them shipped) ..if not you can list them on hoobly classified or Craigslist for sale...if you list them on puppy find, people will want them genetically tested and hips cleared...sorry that you found yourself in this position with unexpected pups..., hopefully they can all go to good homes and be a asset to their new family's :hugs

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
If your looking to GIVE them away, offer them here on BYH.( people could pay to have them shipped) ..if not you can list them on hoobly classified or Craigslist for sale...if you list them on puppy find, people will want them genetically tested and hips cleared...sorry that you found yourself in this position with unexpected pups..., hopefully they can all go to good homes and be a asset to their new family's :hugs
oh I was just kind of being half serious the lady who owned the dog is actually responsible for this litter and she'll take him at 8 weeks for raising the puppies I get my pup from the other litter out of the bigger Anatolian shepherd and the Great Pyrenees. so essentially I'm getting 250 bucks too to raise the litter.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Piper just had a set of twins, a doe and a buck....we were so worried that she would need some help as she is such a tiny girl lol, nope, she spit them out while I ran to the store and had them almost dry when we saw them.
Babies are on the move around here, two more to go :weee :weee
IMG_20210115_124301.jpg
IMG_20210115_124310.jpg