B&B Happy Goats....journal

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeh, I think Gabbie and Sophie have many "adventures" of chasing squirrels, each other, and us around here....I think it will go fine twixt the 2 of them and will make for a great "mutt and jeff" pairing.....Callie will be standoffish...but, she is a cat....Sophie will do just fine....Gabbie is in her "cycle" and we have noticed after her past 2 heats, she will get one of her toys and "mothers" it for about a week maybe she will think Sophie is hers.... :lol:

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well the plan for my next several days before "being face planted" are to get laundry done, cook a weeks worth of meals for the freezer, get few months worth of feed as neither of us will be able to lift after Dec. 3, (I can't lift anything heavy for 6 months, leon ???) Get my "planting area " set up so I have things positioned for my comfort and usability. I am depending on a one eyed BYH entertainment area, and going to position a mirror so can watch / listen to the tv to the best of my hearing and sight ability :lol: gettin old really ain't for wimps ! Ya just gotta roll with the punchs and laugh at it all.
Looks like I have to put "Ronald, my transfer station" friend on hold for a bit, but I should be back on track by Christmas to find out how I can help him.
And we have had to postpone our Trukey day with @CntryBoy777, but the turkey will be a feast as soon as I am allowed to be upright again...have a great day everyone :frow

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Actually, DH didn't have to do the face down recovery, thank goodness. We had the whole thing explained to us as a possibility - but luckily his surgery went better than expected. After his vitrectomy they were able to do a laser procedure that negated the necessity to do a face down recovery. He also didn't have a macular hole - he was dealing with diabetic retinopathy which causes bleeds within the eye. He had so many bleeds that the blood never settled out of his eye and occluded his vision. He had 4 surgeries in his left eye and two in his right over several years. My only suggestion to you is to definitely follow the face-down instructions. They way it was explained to us after they do the vitrectomy there will be a gas or air bubble that they put inside the eye. The reason for the bubble is to keep pressure over the area that needs to heal so it's really, really important to stay face down. Also, don't expect to see perfectly right after the surgery. It takes awhile for the vision to get better.

The hand surgery that he had was, according to him, much more painful than any eye surgery he's ever had. He had minimal pain after the eye surgeries and several eye drops that helped with pain and inflammation. He's had his left hand done and will need the right done next. He literally couldn't use the hand for several weeks. The recovery, while slower than expected, has been successful. His left hand (he's right handed) is now stronger and more flexible than his right hand.

You and Leon have my best hopes and wishes for successful surgeries and non-eventful recoveries! It's gonna be challenging for awhile! Wish I were closer - I'd sure be willing to help ya'll out. I've, unfortunately, got lots of experience with post op care for both of these problems.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm so glad that you're alright and fingers crossed that your eye will be good as new after the surgery :hugs:fl
Face-down for that long? Sounds awful! I'm the same way, i can't even lay on my stomach without my back and my whole body hurting. I found that rolling up a towel/blanket or a pillow and putting it right under your stomach helps quite a bit. It seems to take some of the pressure off your back. This article recommends putting a pillow under your pelvis.

Hope this helps!