B&B Happy Goats....journal

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Haven't kept up with percentages, alot of hospitals ICU and critical care are reported to be at maximum capacity...they just reporting that in the next county you are required to wear your mask EVEN WHEN DRIVING your car......
We are just staying home and hoarding toilet paper, don't need a mask for that , lol
Some of the requirements make no sense at all! :hu

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Had some morning excitement here...as I was reading BYH and having my morning hot cuppa tea, the quiet was broken by ambulances, fire trucks and police going down the road headed toward us...then they headed out behind our place, lots of smoke coming out above the trees....more trucks kept on coming....then more....Nice to know that much help is available if needed, not sure what was on fire, but happy it didn't catch the woods and head toward our place.....appears to be under control now, I am sure by noontime someone will spread the word about what happened lol, ....lots of us old farts around here keeping a eye out for news to chew on over the fence, at least nobody was in the ambulance when it left this time.
Hope everyone has a great day, ...stay safe and cool 😷 :highfive:
Glad you and yours are safe!

Same to you!!! :)

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Talked with the butcher and got a date in October for the pigs, he said he has killed more cows this year than he had in the last seven years, he is very busy , but his dates are only a month out. ...so far :highfive:
Would give my EYE TEETH to only be a month or even 2 months out around here......

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ya know, I see so many folks who think that just because somebody told them to wear a mask that it's taking away their freedom. WTH? Guess what? We generally don't allow people to harm other people. It's part of our laws and part of most folks moral code. We don't let people go around throwing acid into someone's face, we don't allow folks to shoot each other, or stab, or run people over with a vehicle. Why?
Because it's just not right.

So, why should anyone think it's a violation of their rights to do the right thing? Some of these folks are on this forum and other forums, some are in my own town, and some are my neighbors. Some of these folks are bible carrying, church attending folks. Some of these are people who would bend over backwards to help someone, even a total stranger. All around good folks, but they won't wear a mask to help people, and themselves? I just don't get it. It's not a big hairy freakin' deal people!

Miss @frustratedearthmother,

Sorry to just now respond. As I have mentioned in other posts, I have been off the forum for awhile and am just now catching back up.

I wish there were a reaction indication for a post that showed a very strong like. I certainly wish there were more folks like you who were in charge of this country's response to COVID-19. Maybe our infection rate would be a lot lower. For what it's worth, two of our family members are infected with COVID-19. The husband refused to wear a mask. You can read about it on my forum.

But thanks again for this post.

Senile Texas Aggie

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
in the next county you are required to wear your mask EVEN WHEN DRIVING your car.
That is ridiculous and makes no sense.

Tennessee is recommending that you wear a mask in your vehicle if you are going to be transporting others (that you don't live with) in that vehicle. That makes sense once you think about it but it isn't mandatory.
That makes a WHOLE lot more sense.

lots of us old farts around here keeping a eye out for news to chew on over the fence,
Especially anything that ISN'T Covid related! Though a fire is not the most fun thing to have to talk about especially if there was significant damage or injury.

Talked with the butcher and got a date in October for the pigs, he said he has killed more cows this year than he had in the last seven years, he is very busy , but his dates are only a month out. ...so far :highfive:
A month is nothing! I got 10 pounds of ground beef from my farmer friend, he is close to running out. Has another going in the end of next month and made the appointment last December.

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Miss @B&B Happy goats,

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your comments about COVID-19. You, Mister @Bruce, Mister @Mike CHS, Miss @rachels.haven and Miss @Baymule all made (IMHO) sensible comments. What made it even more refreshing to read was that all of you did so without any name-calling.

I am glad that no one was hurt in the fire, but I feel for those poor folks who lost pretty much everything. They probably didn't have insurance, so it is all the more hurtful.

I am happy for you about getting another puppy. I have never owned a labradoodle (sp?) but I have owned a miniature schnauzer. I so much loved that dog. Maybe I should look into a labradoodle instead.

Senile Texas Aggie