B&B Happy Goats....journal

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lol, we are enjoying having them, I think their ugliness makes them attractive to me...I'm a sucker for the ugly duckling..
Yes..Me too! I had a little ugly Silkie cross with a messed up foot and long beak. She was very tame and not because I handled her at all either. Named her Noodles. 😂
Sold her to a little girl and she is a loved Chicken .

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
My DH is not happy with snakes either....mostly because he doesn't recognize the differences between a bad snake and a good snake. Several years ago he came to get me and said there was a snake in a quail pen. I go out and yep - there's a snake in a quail pen and he's swallowed a quail so he's too fat to get back out. The cages are hanging so they're about chest high and I've got the gate open but the snake is trying to hide in the back corner instead of coming out. There are more quail in there so the snake has got to go. It was a big rat snake so he's not happy with me trying to get him out of the cage. I'm reaching in - DH is behind me and the snake strikes at me. I yank my arm back as fast as I can and with DH right behind me I elbowed him right in the eye, lol. Poor DH sported a nice shiner for awhile. He got injured without even getting close to the snake, lol!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh my!!....that is a good one for ya Barb, tho they will eat birds, they also eat snakes, so since the rattlers may hang around it may be beneficial to ya....if not, pigs will eat em.... :lol:
I had a similar experience with a rat snake and since that time I always put hinges on the backboard, so I can avoid the direct confrontation, of the nest box....tho a quail pen would be difficult....maybe a golf club iron or putter would be a good tool to use....:)

Latest posts