B&B Happy Goats....journal

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I haven't really looked, I am leaving them alone to bond and will get a better look tomorrow...had to hook up cords for the heat lamp as it's supposed to go to freezing temperatures tonight....get extra bedding for rabbits and all the other animals....will try and get better pictures tomorrow....

Last edited:

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Freezing in Florida in April? :th
We only got down to 38 thankfully....weatherman was wrong, all the freeze warnings and everyone covering plants and preparing their animals...just don't know why we can get to the moon and back, but can’t get the weather forecast correct lol...
And to answer your question from yesterday, nope no matching spots on the baby goats other side....but she is a. Cutie pie :thumbsup

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not to pick on you, but that just makes me glad I have my sheep. This was the first lambing where I very gently pulled a lambs feet because the ewe was a FF and she was tired. My ewes have their babies and raise them without my interference. This is the first time I had bottle babies. They were cute, we love them, but I probably won’t do it again. I have never set up a heat lamp for them either and my barn is open on 3 sides. There is a small 8x8 shelter that was my first effort, they like it, so I haven’t torn it down.

Even with the 100 year record breaking cold we had with -6F temperatures, 10 inches of snow and 2 ice storms, with brand new lambs, they all did great. About all I did was to throw hay down for them to bed down in. I did work my tail off keeping water for them because everything was frozen, but that’s to be expected in that kind of extreme cold. My neighbor put up 2 heat lamps in his chicken coop and was aghast that I didn’t put up heat lamps for my lambs. I do like it that my sheep require less intensive care than goats.

All that rambling aside, the new addition is adorable and I love the spotty color. Congratulations on the lovely baby.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats on the cute baby goat. Yes they are really cute when little like that.
Glad you didn't get taken on the scam thing....
The ones with a "few missing brain cells" can be a real trial.... or they can be what they consider practical.....getting the chickens since they were already there.... and most have their own code of honor, and will pay cash... or in @Baymule 's case, offered a ride and were good for their word. Maybe not what you enjoyed, but not the worst and at least they weren't trying to rip you off or scam you, or cause you physical harm....