bad news about me

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
thanks guys. still hard to breath, my cracked ribs hurt like heck, have a killer headache and dislocated hip still pains me like ylou wouldnt believe. I have my horse listed, locally through friends who do cow stuff. I really want him to go to a great home, where he will be used and loved.
My mind is still groggy,mbut at least I remember it is 2009 now, not 1999. still realy hard for me to type, words get all jumbled up. sorry. ttrying to keep up with the board, you guys kkep me going. :)

Imissmygirls

Lonley for cows
Reaction score
Sounds like a really bad concussion, LL. Please take care of yourself and don't push your recovery. My daughter's concussion took 3 months to fully recover and i don't think hers was as severe as yours seems. Take one day at a time and don't give up on horses yet. It may take a decade but you are young enough to afford the time. Heal first!!

GrassFarmerGalloway

Melts for all babies
Reaction score
:ep

Oh, gosh! :hugs I'm here for you! I'm so sorry for you! Bear in mind: Life is unfair sometimes. Here's something that might lift your spirits a little bit:

Someone I'm related to had a tumor in her leg. She had surgery many times, and in the end, the doctors said she would never walk again. But she is walking fine today, because she wanted to and she thought positive thoughts.

Don't ever forget the power of positive thinking. And take good care of yourself. :hugs

Chirpy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear of your serious injury and that you can't ride anymore. Putting both those together and I'd be shedding a lot of tears too. :hugs

If you do sell your horse - I hope you find the perfect home for him. I hope he's recovering also... physically and mentally.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I'm hopping each day finds you feeling just a bit better. :fl

Take things easy and one step at a time. :hugs

tygab

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. Hope you are healing well, and things will work out in due time. Of course this is not easy to hear now but you will find ways to stay involved with horses, even if you're unable to ride yourself.

Best of luck...

Chickenmum

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
You poor thing!!!!!!!! :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit
The Lord is always with you and He always loves you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jettesunn05

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
That is awful I am so sorry! It is bad falling off but worse when you cant ride anymore! You could get a miniature, less work then a bigger horse. Adoption is great too. You allow a horse a home and I am sure you would give it a great one!

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I am feeling better, each day. The cracked ribs pain me the most, then the hip area (it was dislocated). head is fine, I am not groggy or confused anymore.....at last not any more than I normally am, LOL.
The sad part is, for me anyway........ today I just got a deposit on Leo. :hit I have to deliver him next weekend. Happy that someone that he was a great as I do, sad because that part of my life (with him in it) is over.
I do have 2 minis, and I love them dearly. that said, not the same as riding. BUT, there is hope for me.......lots to do in the horse world. :thumbsup I have done some judging, I am involved in 4-H and other things.
So, thanks everyone for the well wishes.....I appreciate it and it really helped me heal. :clap

Latest posts