Bar-Vac CD/T

Goat of Many Colors

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Jeffers was out of tetanus toxoid (they had it a day later) :/when I ordered supplies so I purchased the Bar-Vac CD/T which of course has the tetanus toxid in it. Is this OK to vacccinate everyone with? The schedule is the same as the plain tetanus.

Thanks!

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
Goat of Many Colors said:
Jeffers was out of tetanus toxoid (they had it a day later) :/when I ordered supplies so I purchased the Bar-Vac CD/T which of course has the tetanus toxid in it. Is this OK to vacccinate everyone with? The schedule is the same as the plain tetanus.

Thanks!
That's what I give mine. They get it about a month before they're due, every year.

Goat of Many Colors

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks Karen.... I have 2 kids, 3 months old and one almost 2 months old. I would like to do everyone at once so I am not trying to remember a bunch of different days. I couldn't find anything stating it interfered with the milk.

My two bucks are in a fenced area far away from the ladies clearing brush. One is a sweetheart but the other one, I will need 5 volunteers to chase the big guy to vaccinate him. We've had him a little over a year and he hasn't had anything.

MrsCountryChick

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
One is a sweetheart but the other one, I will need 5 volunteers to chase the big guy to vaccinate him. We've had him a little over a year and he hasn't had anything.
I LOVE using a Quick Catch Lead on Any animal, horse, cow, goat, llama, alpaca, etc. It's not meant for constant wearing, just for catching & leading somewhere. It can easily be scrunched in a pocket, & for release all you have to do is slip it off the animal's nose & the whole lead unwraps to a flat rope. ;) So release is Quick too. But because it's not a fixed halter you can end up with a loose animal if you have a struggle with an upset ~wild~ animal. You may still need 5 volunteers, but controlling his head may help with a Quick Catch Lead like this. But if you're leading him inside a pasture you won't have as much worry about if he struggles loose. Good Luck! :)

Explanation of a Quick Catch Lead:
http://www.sunsethalters.com/qchalter.php

TSC also has them:
http://www.tractorsupply.com/equine/horse-tack/halters-leads/halters/pocket-horse-halter-2501094

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
Thanks aggie...do you give it to your kids as well?
I give it to the kids (and lambs) at weaning (around 8 weeks), then give a booster 3-4 weeks later, then annually after that.