Baymule’s Farm Pictures

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Down to 4 guinea chicks now. They all fly up on top of the chicken coop. Last week I went to gather eggs and found a rat snak eating MY eggs! I ran to let Paris in the pasture, she ran to go play with the boys. I finally got her to the chicken coop, which she wanted no part of and frantically searched for a way out. I stored the snake with a shovel and it was on! She dragged it out, I chopped it with the shovel and she bit and shook it to death.

7B789AEC-45D1-45EE-B609-911AC105018C.jpeg

I think that snake got a baby guinea, down to 4 now.

BF0D1AFE-86B6-4EAC-972C-45E1649C12BA.jpeg

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad ya and Paris "slayed the serpent".....:clap....owls and coons took a heavy toll on my parents guineas at night while roosting....it is the big negative about free ranging them, but I couldn't keep em on wire, cooped up, either.....always raising them to replace those that are lost....they are crazy and loud, but they are neat creatures.....:thumbsup

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Gosh I love that Psycho B!tch. She doesn't patrol much anymore, she just wants her back yard and the side pasture that goes to the back of the sheep barn. I put her in the front pasture sometimes, but I have to keep an eye on her. When she wants to go back "home" she will dig out, then be frantic because she can't get back in her backyard. She's always been cranky, now she's old and cranky. :lol:

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes they are! Our favorite, plant it every year tomato! We love them, I’ve been making Pico de Gallo. Sliced with salt, we can make a meal on them!

I gave quite a few to a lady that worked for me years ago because she wanted to freeze some. Several weeks later I asker her how the tomatoes turned out. She looked kind of funny and said she didn't want to tell me that they had gone bad sitting on the shelf. I asked her what happened and she said she kept waiting for them to turn red and ripen up but they were almost over ripe when I gave them to her. :)