Baymule’s Journal

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
He traveled a lot and said he might get stranded and having a blanket could be a good thing. To my knowledge, he was never stranded. He died some 47 years ago. My mother then carried the blanket in the trunk of her car, always prepared for the emergency that never showed up.
If you have the emergency supplies you rarely have to use them. If you don't, you'll wish you did! LOL i always load emergency supplies, sleeping bags, food, thermoses, etc. for long trips. Never have had to use them. DH laughs at me and makes comments but it's my emergency insurance! I tell him when he is freezing in the stalled car in a blizzard I won't share the sleeping bag, but I will - since his body heat will keep me alive. :lol:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you have the emergency supplies you rarely have to use them. If you don't, you'll wish you did! LOL i always load emergency supplies, sleeping bags, food, thermoses, etc. for long trips. Never have had to use them. DH laughs at me and makes comments but it's my emergency insurance! I tell him when he is freezing in the stalled car in a blizzard I won't share the sleeping bag, but I will - since his body heat will keep me alive. :lol:
I have seen with my own eyes, the packing you do. Organized doesn’t even begin to describe it.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Carson is a big goofy dog who likes ALL the attention. I was sitting on the porch and Cooper came over for some attention.

Carson; Mom! Why are you petting that ram and not MEEE?

FC0F0E48-44D4-41E3-94CB-EF1364EC0FAF.jpeg

Hey! Remember me? Carson?

5F19067E-1825-414C-952F-38B9E7C011BA.jpeg

I’ll just lay my head in your lap and look pitiful.

9FE5F8B3-E73D-4EBA-9442-1AEE2AE024AB.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had no Thanksgiving. No family, no friends, no food, no deserts, no nothing. It sucked. My only company was Cousin Covid and Queen Quarantine and I didn’t like either one of them worth a durn.

I came home after therapy and made pumpkin pie. Used store bought pie crust and one wouldn’t hold all the pie goop so I poured it in the other pie crust. Happy happily happy. At the 15 minute mark where I’m supposed to turn the heat down, I got myself a sneaking hunch that maybe, kinda sorta, I might’ve not put the sugar in it. Got a spoon and dug some out….. interesting. No sugar. Not that good, but not completely terrible either. I loaded the top of both pies with sugar, smeared it all around and finished baking the pies.

Melted sugar on top sure helped it a whole lot. A pile of Redi-Whip helped it a whole lot better. I ate half of the half way not full pie. I don’t want any any more right now. Maybe never. Dunno.

C379D61F-CB5B-41F6-A8F6-D5169F214B6D.jpeg

SageHill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I had no Thanksgiving. No family, no friends, no food, no deserts, no nothing. It sucked. My only company was Cousin Covid and Queen Quarantine and I didn’t like either one of them worth a durn.

I came home after therapy and made pumpkin pie. Used store bought pie crust and one wouldn’t hold all the pie goop so I poured it in the other pie crust. Happy happily happy. At the 15 minute mark where I’m supposed to turn the heat down, I got myself a sneaking hunch that maybe, kinda sorta, I might’ve not put the sugar in it. Got a spoon and dug some out….. interesting. No sugar. Not that good, but not completely terrible either. I loaded the top of both pies with sugar, smeared it all around and finished baking the pies.

Melted sugar on top sure helped it a whole lot. A pile of Redi-Whip helped it a whole lot better. I ate half of the half way not full pie. I don’t want any any more right now. Maybe never. Dunno.

View attachment 94742
HA - sounds like something I've done - left out a key ingredient. Good work on the save though. And the Redi Whip -- OHHHH YESSSS!!

Thefarmofdreams

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm sorry your Thanksgiving is COVID filled that's awful 😥

I hope you feel better soon! And oh my gosh those pups are adorable!! 😍

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm sorry your Thanksgiving is COVID filled that's awful 😥

I hope you feel better soon! And oh my gosh those pups are adorable!! 😍
Covid only lasted a few days. It was like a head cold, not bad at all. But it was enough for me to cancel all Thanksgiving plans. I’m fine, I felt fine on Thanksgiving but the test showed I still tested positive.