Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had no Thanksgiving. No family, no friends, no food, no deserts, no nothing. It sucked. My only company was Cousin Covid and Queen Quarantine and I didn’t like either one of them worth a durn.

I came home after therapy and made pumpkin pie. Used store bought pie crust and one wouldn’t hold all the pie goop so I poured it in the other pie crust. Happy happily happy. At the 15 minute mark where I’m supposed to turn the heat down, I got myself a sneaking hunch that maybe, kinda sorta, I might’ve not put the sugar in it. Got a spoon and dug some out….. interesting. No sugar. Not that good, but not completely terrible either. I loaded the top of both pies with sugar, smeared it all around and finished baking the pies.

Melted sugar on top sure helped it a whole lot. A pile of Redi-Whip helped it a whole lot better. I ate half of the half way not full pie. I don’t want any any more right now. Maybe never. Dunno.

C379D61F-CB5B-41F6-A8F6-D5169F214B6D.jpeg

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had no Thanksgiving. No family, no friends, no food, no deserts, no nothing. It sucked. My only company was Cousin Covid and Queen Quarantine and I didn’t like either one of them worth a durn.

I came home after therapy and made pumpkin pie. Used store bought pie crust and one wouldn’t hold all the pie goop so I poured it in the other pie crust. Happy happily happy. At the 15 minute mark where I’m supposed to turn the heat down, I got myself a sneaking hunch that maybe, kinda sorta, I might’ve not put the sugar in it. Got a spoon and dug some out….. interesting. No sugar. Not that good, but not completely terrible either. I loaded the top of both pies with sugar, smeared it all around and finished baking the pies.

Melted sugar on top sure helped it a whole lot. A pile of Redi-Whip helped it a whole lot better. I ate half of the half way not full pie. I don’t want any any more right now. Maybe never. Dunno.

View attachment 94742
HA - sounds like something I've done - left out a key ingredient. Good work on the save though. And the Redi Whip -- OHHHH YESSSS!!

Thefarmofdreams

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm sorry your Thanksgiving is COVID filled that's awful 😥

I hope you feel better soon! And oh my gosh those pups are adorable!! 😍

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm sorry your Thanksgiving is COVID filled that's awful 😥

I hope you feel better soon! And oh my gosh those pups are adorable!! 😍
Covid only lasted a few days. It was like a head cold, not bad at all. But it was enough for me to cancel all Thanksgiving plans. I’m fine, I felt fine on Thanksgiving but the test showed I still tested positive.

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Covid only lasted a few days. It was like a head cold, not bad at all. But it was enough for me to cancel all Thanksgiving plans. I’m fine, I felt fine on Thanksgiving but the test showed I still tested positive.
Yeh Covid gives me a cold too. To be honest whenever ima sick now I just assume it’s Covid. I think is is so cool when I lost my tast and smell. Definitely a once in a life time experience.
Everyone here is getting sinus infections because one day it is 80 and the next it 73. ( that is cold for us)

BrahmerQueen

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
HA - sounds like something I've done - left out a key ingredient. Good work on the save though. And the Redi Whip -- OHHHH YESSSS!!
I have one warning just never mix sour cream with ready whip I thought I could make it better that way and it was probably one of the worst things ive tasted!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was working hard on building the shelves in the small utility room before Thanksgiving. Then when I had to cancel everything I lost my mojo. I didn’t HAVE to get it done, so I quit.

I’m BACK!

I have cut and painted shelf boards with Kilz this morning for the utility room. I cut the already painted 2x4’s for a closet, to anchor the clothes pole brackets on. I screwed them in place and screwed down the brackets. Those brackets will take a 1x12 shelf on them and there is room to put another shelf between it and the ceiling if needed. The clothes pole sticks out in the doorway. There are holes in the bracket hook, so I can put in a set screw to keep the pole from sliding out of place.

7E20EBEB-64CB-45FF-BC2A-E4033B89CD12.jpeg

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Everyone here is getting sinus infections because one day it is 80 and the next it 73. ( that is cold for us)
I get that!! I'm on the other side of the country -- almost the same. Though our lows will be mid-high 30s with highs in the low 50s when it's really cold. And its' ..... dry.