Baymule’s Journal

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
So why not make a little slipcover with a piece of that fabric and slide it in it and in the pocket? Unless there is some problem, a fabric store should sell a 1/4 yard piece... would have to check into it. Sounds like what I would want to use... for my foldable smart phone... Or... I could get a "yard" or whatever their minimum is, and make some for people for a couple bucks if they wanted... I didn't know they made "fabric" like that. Will have to ask at the JoAnn fabric store.. or the mennonite store that is 45 min north of here...

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I put 12 ewes with Cooper and the 2 small shelters are not going to be enough once bad weather getting here. So today I made the pallet shelter bigger.

It was 2pallets across the back with one on each side. They liked it, it was fine for just a few, but there are 13 sheep in this pen now.

72082232513__49A2D09A-85EA-4A9A-B252-110990C8C9AD.fullsizerender.jpeg

I needed more scraps of tin. So I raided those scrappy crappy chicken pens. Got 3 pieces, just what I needed.

IMG_5336.jpeg

I stood the pallet’s up and used scraps of 1x4s to attach the “new” pallet to the “old” one, on each side. Then I screwed a couple of 2x4s down and put the scrap tin on top.

IMG_5337.jpeg

IMG_5338.jpeg

Now the sheep have a bigger shelter and should be able to get out of the weather.

IMG_5339.jpeg

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
…… I had an AHA! moment! That’s the pocket I carry my cellphone in! Front right blue jeans pocket! I ALWAYS have my cellphone on me when I go outside.
WOW -- excellent observation!! And yikes - but I'll definitely remember this. Next week is my doc visit when I'll hit the rx --- stopped taking it last week - my choice already have one side effect. Didn't like the answer when I asked about it.
When I'm out and about on the ranch it's either in my back pocket or a "pocket/pouch" I have my lil pellet buddy in. Wondering if lining it with that special fabric would help? A friend of mine did give me a special thing that hangs on my belt that is supposed to stop the rf (or whatever it is) but it can still get a signal. I'll check with her and see about it and maybe where she got it (years ago).

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am not being critical.... but one thing I noticed.... the tin only goes to the end of the pallets... there is no overhang... this is contributing to the wet inside the shelters when (if ever) it does rain... and the sheeps' hooves will tromp that up more if they stay inside and that actually will make it muddier.... the rain/water will run right down along the pallet wood and feed into the shelter floor.
I realize that you are flat there... but if even on a tiny rise in the ground, the water would not stand and fill up the ground in the shelter... PLUS..... the sheep in there will compact the ground so it will be a smidgeon lower than the outside ground if all is perfectly flat...

I really like the ingeneous use of the pallets for things though....