chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
F34CF0A8-4A29-4527-8FDE-58A3CF8F75B1.jpeg

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
:yuckyuck:gig:gig:gig:lol::lol::lol:

DH is absoluteluy fine after ER run. They gave him cough syrup which he has yet to open! He has been using the bottle in our bathroom when I kick him out of bed for his coughing. DS1 found the unopened bottle of cough syrup yesterday and gave his daddy a 15-minute scolding. Since DS1 had spent the 7 hours with DH at the ER (waiting in the car!) he was entitled to his wrath. DH meekly promised to take it in futire. I will pick up a couple extra bottles for the trip. ER told DH that he was healing and was no longer contagious.

About 3 years after I married DH, I realized that just because I married a man who could fix anything did not mean that he would. It also meant that once I drove him out to do the work, he would not bother to put the tools away and they would disappear. This meant trips to the hardware store to buy more tools that would disappear in their turn. Remember when I cleaned out the tool shed and found 1000+ sockets? I could do the work myself but thought as the little woman that my big strong handsome husband should do stuff like drive nails and fix loose screws while I ooohed and aaahed about his prowess.

Long story short, to avoid things falling off the walls, I accumulated my own tools and did my own repair work while he was at work. I hid my personal tools and when he asked for a screwdriver I cruelly asked, "Where did you leave it?" :gig

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
On to keep for her new herd and one to eat! :drool (Or sell? :hide)

First step to ranching life!!! Remember to have the kids name the ram lamb a food name like Lamb Chop, Stew, etc. Friend told us early on it reminds the chlidren of the eventual disposition without tears. Luckily they have a little ewe lamb to keep and be loved on and spoiled.

Simpleterrier

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Ridgetop by the time u haul all them tools from cal to east tex it might be cheaper to just buy new when u get there. I do construction for a living and that list of tools u read is more than I carry in my work van. Like I tell my guys the tools don't make u great it's knowing how to use them. I could go to bays with less then a five gallon bucket of tools and do everything she has to do. The less tools u have the less u have to look for at the end of the job.