Baymule’s Journal

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Savannah are actually similar to Boer, size and all. An old style Boer is broader backed. Just hard to find. Most of my boer are registered. Not a lot of buyers in MY area looking for papers. I'm on outskirts of bedroom communities, that used to be farms. Yeah, I can sell registered, full blood &/or percentage. Those papers sometimes bring more, not like old days did!

For breeders, a chunky bred doe brings the $. 😁.

Glad you slept well...no matter how.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
There was a brief break in the rain, so I suited up and went outside and did morning chores. Then here came a wave of hard rain, but at least sheep got something in their bellies.

Back inside, covered by a plaid wool throw that my maternal grandfather carried in the trunk of his car for many years. He traveled a lot and said he might get stranded and having a blanket could be a good thing. To my knowledge, he was never stranded. He died some 47 years ago. My mother then carried the blanket in the trunk of her car, always prepared for the emergency that never showed up.

Now the plaid wool throw is mine. I’ve braved the elements to care for animals and am back inside. I’m covered by the blanket, hot cup of coffee, my bootied feet are framing Carson, laying on a towel, licking the rain off his feet.

A peaceful moment, under the canopy of love from my Mom and Grand Daddy Mac.

B6A1897F-4027-4561-8C56-1D92AFCC0763.jpeg

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I kept Space Blanket in my vehicles for years and had the occasion to really be thankful that it was with me when I did get stranded. I was stationed on USS Independence and our division was spending a couple of weeks at our schools at Memphis. I headed out on Friday to visit my sisters in St. Louis and left to go back about noon since it is only a couple of hours back to the school. About halfway back, I-55 went from being perfectly clear to a ledge several inches deep in snow and the sky went from clear to a blizzard. Traffic immediately slowed down to a crawl if moving at all. Several hundred travelers sat there for almost three hours when National Guard trucks started showing up along with heavy equipment. We found out the whole area had been shut down and they started a whole group of us to a church where we spent the night in the basement.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I also keep a blanket of some sort in most every vehicle... along with a few extra shirts/sweatshirts... have had several occasions getting caught in the rain that I have had to change into a dry shirt...a couple of times testing in a barn that got colder than expected and was thankful for an extra sweatshirt to put on. PITA though when you have to go searching through vehicles when you can't find a work sweatshirt... they are all in one car or truck.... and then when it comes time to do wash... but it could be worse.