Baymule's Lambs, 2nd Lambing

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
The younger generations are so shielded . It truly baffles me the questions some of these kids have that I was a "pro" on by their age.

I remember when I was 8 fussing at the neighbor because his hens had bare backs and that meant he had roosters picking favorites and it wasn't fair on the hens to be "gang banged".

I got in trouble.

lcertuche

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Most children have a built in love and curiosity for nature. It's good you can nurture that. The Grands and friends youngun's love coming here too, but all we have is chickens and our dogs. I'm hoping for rabbits soon, and pigs.:fl

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Three ram lambs and they all three are sold. People are willing to wait until they reach slaughter size. One man works for CVS pharmacy and was in our local one a couple of weeks ago when we went in with eggs. He only comes to this location once or twice a year, lives north of Mount Pleasant. He eagerly bought eggs and was delighted to be put on the "lamb list". There are 3 more ewes to lamb yet, but they don't look like they are close.

I NEED MORE EWES!

lcertuche

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Having a ready market helps to defray cost. I have ate lamb chops a couple of times, teeny, tiny little things compared to a pork chop but I didn't really appreciate the taste. Sheep were not seen much where I'm from and never in the grocery store. It was not until I moved to Florida I tasted it. It was cheap though, so I cooked it and we ate it. Everyone else did eat and like it.

Latest posts