Black beauty's kidding thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandDherds

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The vet should be out here in a few hours so far I don't see that she has had it her ligaments are still gone and she still had alittle goo but not much at all she might have delived it last night though cause she looks alot skinnier than she did when I last checked her and she isn't digging anymore she still has a good appetite she just ate alittle slower than normal but she has been since yesterday but she is still really protective she is drinking water and she is eating hay and her temp is normal and she isn't acting sick I may have seen a bit of the placenta in the dirt but I can't be sure I'll have to go look at it in a few.

Reactions: TAH

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is it possible she passed the placenta when you weren't around, then ate it? It is natural instinct for a mother animal who has just given birth to eat the placenta, because in the wild the mother would be trying to prevent predators from finding her newborn. BB may have passed it and cleaned it up while you were not looking. I agree with the vets advice on watching her behavior, that seems the best bet while you wait

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad to hear that it all turned out. How much it BB milking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts