Blazing Acres 1st Kidding Thread:samssimonsays olive surprise!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would guess that the Excitement level has increased as much or more than the size of their "Bellys&Bumps". :thumbsup
I'm certainly adding ya to my Watch List :caf :pop
Because this will be well worth Watching! :)

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
Thanks! I had someone ask me "why I would make mixes" It sort of bugged me and yet, no matter how much I thought it out, I wouldn't trade my Tilda, Olive Or May (most days for May, some days she really get to me :hide ) as Tilda was our FIRST goat and that is special and Olive was our second planned goat (our actual second goat was only to hold Tilda off until we found another doe). I may not be interested in adding any more of other breeds in after this point and focusing on strictly the Nubians but Alpine Nubian crosses are common up here and Saanan/Nubians are an amazing cross that I would add more of in a heart beat. I have learned to brush it off after that comment as I won't be bringing in an Alpine buck just for two unpapered girls whom I only plan to milk..... Olive is our "little goat that could" as she had soooo many odds stacked against her to make it to a healthy weight we would consider breeding her at.. She did and both myself, and her breeder are super excited about it. She is our baby and known as the favorite :hide but don't tell the others or they may hold their babies hostage :lol: Tilda is our talker and boy is she a character! May, she is a sweet goat to people and other goats but BOY is she vicious when it comes to any kind of threat. She killed rabbits because she viewed them as threats, she went after the cat and dogs as well but since teaching her that our dogs and animals are ok, she has mellowed out a lot and things are peaceful again. PHEW! BUT, she would lay her life down to protect the other goats so why not keep her around, right? But, alas. Our nubians are where my heart lies. Those floppy eared, goofy running, clumsy oafs are just my :love

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh yes please ignore those people. I love mixes, and since I'm not going to have an equal number of bucks and does (not very sustainable), I will have very few purebreds (Nigies). A good milker is a good milker.

Calendula

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You have such beautiful goats. :love And I agree, ignore what those other people say. Not only are they your goats to do what you want to with, but buying a buck for goats whose breed isn't what you want to focus on doesn't seem very beneficial.

I can't wait to see kids! I'm getting a couple Nubian doelings this year, but it'll be a few years before I get their silly kids, so your does will have to suffice.;)
When are yours due?

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well Sam I have never had or owned a "Papered" animal in my lifetime, and probably never will...not that I'm against them, but it isn't papers that is important to me. If I am the owner, then what another does or says does not, and will not affect my desire or care for my animals. I am as proud of my little ones as any owner is of their "Champion Stock". I certainly don't down them for it, and don't expect to be downed either. I've never been a Show person, but respect those that are and if the respect isn't mutual then, they can just "Stick it in a Pipe and Smoke it". :)