Bloat?

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love, love, love my Kinders! Great milkers too.

The goat in the foreground and the goat sniffing M-I-L's hand are both Kinders. You can compare their size to the pygmy that's hiding behind the chickens, lol
upload_2016-11-17_16-21-26.png

Last edited:

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The vet comes out today to do the labs on both my Boers. Also we are getting an ultrasound done to see if Moonpie is preggers. I'll update later today.
After we are cleared of all the nasty things that these labs will test for, I will think about investing in Kiko. I've read up on it, along with everything posted here and feel they would be a great asset to have.

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
OK. sorry I didn't post sooner, internet issues at the house. I'm going to be a GOAT GRANDMA!!! The ultra sound confirmed at least 1 kid. And I thought she was just getting fluffy :) :weee
Now, the vet said she might have 2 weeks left to go, and that was last Monday. I'm expecting anytime in the next week or so. Since I don't have an actual date of conception.

I'm hoping she goes into labor when I'm home. I work full time, so does my husband. I'm soooo worried something may go wrong and I won't be there. My nerves are tore up! :hu:hu

Any tips I should know? This will be the first baby!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
First tip: Expect that she will do whatever makes you the absolute craziest and is the absolute worst timing for your schedule. :old Next, Congrats on the soon to come new arrival(s)! :clap Next tip, we have quite a few crazy goat people on here so be prepared to post lots of pics after they are born! ;) Good luck on a safe kidding :fl

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Since you won't be around (possibly) check her daily-

look for udder enlargement
look for the rump to steep downward
look for drop- you will notice the weight downward and it generally hollows out at the top (toward the rear on both sides of the spine)

STALL her.
Provide plenty of straw especially if cold out
make sure she can't deliver in a water bucket or a kid can't fall into one (hang bucket so she can drink but still be safe)