Boy am I new to this!

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Welcome, Your in the right group!!!!!! And I agree, I love looking at cows to. They just have something about them that calms me when I watch them. I to is new at the cow thing. I just some what learn to post pics. I'm the one that has sara and reba and checking up on how big they are. Mini's their not, but I'm having alot of feed back that they are. So I'm getting infor on what to do. I thought they where ok. But I'm going to try to do what they are telling me. They have not yet steered me wrong. I had a big poop promblem and that got fixed, by their advice.I just love them all!!!!!Anyway, I can write for ever about this group on how great they are!!!!Happy new home to ya!!!!! Mare P.S Yes sara is my cross char-lay and she is a miss piggy!!!!!!

COUNTRYMAN

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Imissmygirls said:
charlois are *beefers*. The main thing to remember is to NEVER get between a beef cow and food. It just isn't wise. ;)
yeah , ya wouldnt want that ;)
our daughter and one of her beefers

199_sarahand274.jpg

Biddieacres

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
That is a beautiful picture of your daughter. Thanks for sharing. Love the baby looking on too.

COUNTRYMAN

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
thank you, the baby is an orphan that we bottle fed, this pic taken @ the end of july 07. the cow in this pic had her bull calf in sept 07 so i'll get some updated pics on here too :)

hollybird

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
be wary of bulls, dairy or beef breeds. they are programmed to be protectors of the herd. your lawn mower or dragging tarp could be a monster to them. most fence is a suggestion to a big animal. it's better not to see if it stops a 2000 lb mad bull. watch for a cold hard stare. laying down, chewing cud, flopping ears are happy signs.

amysflock

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
A cold, hard stare from a cow means trouble, too, LOL! I know that look from our Sheila...and I back off right quick!

Biddieacres

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
As long as I stay on my own turf will it be OK? The only thing separating me and my kids from those beef cattle is an old rusted barb wire maybe about chest high. My boys are in the backyard 90% of the time.

I just went there again yesterday and those Charolais (and some big bulls!) were all just very still, ears perked up looking at us. They seem very curious. It was like they were thinking, who are these people? :lol:

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
They probably were curious. Just as you are about them.

Teach your boys to stay in the yard and not go out into the pasture with the cows. When cattle take after a person, it's usually because a person has gotten in the wrong place and the cattle feel threatened. Stay out of their territory and things should be fine.