Bridgie's Lambing Thread-More Finns

Bridgemoof

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We lost the lamb from the prolapsed ewe. :( I had to drive the ewe to the vet. He had a very hard time getting the lamb out. It's head was turned inside the cervix. I guess that's why she prolapsed, pushing so hard and not getting anywhere. Poor thing. She should be okay, but it remains to be seen whether or not she can be bred again. :hu

Bridgemoof

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Got up this morning and Leah the Finn had two scrawny black babies, one dead. :barnie I swear have not had the best luck with these Finn sheep so far. Had to make sure the live one was nursing, it didn't for a long time, we were going to tube it, but then it walked up to its mom and started nursing like it had done it before, which it probably had earlier. :hu It's hard to say what happened to the other. Don't know if it was born dead, it didn't freeze because it wasn't that cold last night, or maybe just too weak and mom didn't get it going in time. :hu

So now this leg of the lambing season is over, until May when I have another wave...

So I have 15 lambs on the ground I believe. Let's count in order.

Harriet=1 female Harlequin x Cormo lamb
Clementine=2 female suffolk x cormo lambs
Lily=1 male Jacob
Star=1 female Jacob
Fluffy=1 female Jacob
Beatrix=1 male Leicester x Cormo
BonBon=1 female Harlequin Suffolk x Cormo
Po=1 female Cormo
Brown Finn=1 male brown Finn
Cinnamon=2 female brown Shetland x Finn
Leah=1 female brown Finn
Tunis=2 male sold
Tunis=2 bottle babies male Paddy and female Maple
_________

So that's 17 lambs total, 2 are sold and 2 are bottle babies from my friend. :weee
Lost 1 of Clementine's triplets, Koala and her baby, 1 brown Finn from Leah.

Bridgemoof

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We lost the Finn who had prolapsed. She did not look good yesterday, this morning I went out and there she was, dead. She looks a little bloated so she probably had internal bleeding going on. Sad. :(

Everybody else is doing just fine!

Bridgemoof

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Well we lost yet another Finn today! I couldn't believe it. Soshy, the brown Finn with the badger face, she wasn't even pregnant. I just went out there and there she was. Dead. I have NO idea what happened to her. Worms...bloat...??? She always was a runt, just a year old couldn't keep on any body weight. A scrawny little thing. She is the one that had the lice really bad, too. But we had treated her for that a long time ago.

So now 2 expensive registered Finns down the drain! :barnie

Now one of my bottle babies has been bloating too! We drenched him with baking soda, vegetable oil. He also has a temperature of 104.3. We gave him penicillin and bantamine. I hate when this stuff happens!!!!! :th

newgirl97

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about all your bad luck!
:hugs

Latest posts