Bruce's Journal

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I used to use a bulk tank, but no longer have a use for that much fuel. I or my wife just pick the can up and pour it in nowadays. It's 35lbs, which far less than a sack of feed. My oldest sis is 74. She still pours diesel into her Kubota from a 5 gal can, but like everyone else around here, got rid of that stupid flow release thingie they come with nowadays.
One of these I guess tho the suction/discharge hose looks pretty hokie.
https://www.amazon.com/Fill-Rite-FR1614-Diesel-Transfer-Hoses/dp/B00132AM9I
(note tho, that it weighs 23 lbs....without the 5 gal can of fuel)

A barrel pump with a nozzle on the end or diesel caddy are the other options.

Last edited:

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
like everyone else around here, got rid of that stupid flow release thingie they come with nowadays.

They can be handy especially when mowing grass and having to fill multiple tanks but I'm about to do the same thing and get rid of it on my diesel can. Just takes to long and I never fill the whole tank up anyway.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
OK, pictures of the east side of the pond.
The closer part is where I dug in the NE "corner" where the plywood is. As you can see there isn't much water anywhere else. It is a little hard to see because the water that is there is reflecting the grass/weeds on the bank. Lots of dead or dying fish.
DSCN1143.JPG

And over by the cattails. I was able to move some of that mud up and out this morning but not going real well. So mucky it slides back down and I can't reach any farther up.
DSCN1144.JPG DSCN1145.JPG

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you're going to need to do this a bite at a time... remove some then bucket load it away to a drop spot elsewhere so it can't slide back down into where you removed it from. This looks like one of those jobs that looked like it was gonna be a breeze, only to find out it's gonna be a lot more work than originally thought.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can't really do that @Latestarter, no place to make a pile I can then pick up other than one 16" bucket at a time. I'm already working with 2 wheels on the "hard" and 2 in muck.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's time to go buy (rent) a dozer? :hide Maybe you can hire a dozer to push it all out to where you can get at it to move it where you want? Since it's sitting on ledge, I'd have to guess a tracked machine wouldn't have any issues.