Bruce's Journal

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ya could put some cheap goldfish in the pond....a dz or so....and see how they do....get them locally and they should be really cheap....pet stores sell them as "feeders" for other fish....they are of the carp family and will eat algae....when water is shallow they can breath air from the surface.....:)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
There were some just hatched and hatching tadpoles in the pond the other day, now disappeared into the depths. The pond is 55° so warming up for the bucket fish.

Scraped some of the "excess" road left by the grader down into the driveway with the tractor bucket. Sometimes they leave a ridge at the edge, as they did the last time.

Used the tractor backhoe and pallet forks to get some large rocks out of the fields. These only stick up a few inches, but high enough to get hit by the mower blades and would also get hit by the cutters on the new flail mower. True icebergs these, substantially more rock below the surface than below. They are rocks I found in the past with the Garden Tractor and most were marked with old ski poles that were left in the barn by the prior owner of the property.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep, I had previously pulled out some rocks that attacked the mower blades, before I had the tractor. The ones I pulled today were ones I either could move in their holes some but much too heavy to pull out or too big to even try. I did run into some that the tractor couldn't deal with and there is ledge in places that will stay there until they are blown up with TNT (no I don't have any nor an explosives license) or a massive lightning strike shatters them. Not holding my breath on that either ;)