Bruce's Journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bought the Echo CS-590 chainsaw yesterday, didn't get a chance to use it because I needed to swap DD1's snow tires for the summers. Ran the saw today, seems to work well on the big stuff. Ran into a problem with the small stuff (2"), it likes to spin the piece and get the teeth hung up. I figured out that unlike the small Stihl saw, cutting the small stuff close to the engine isn't the right place, have to cut it way out on the end. The teeth on the Echo are about 3x the size of those on the Stihl, I guess that isn't a surprise since the Stihl is classed for limit use for things like pruning.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Changed the pond fishes' water again today, so full of algae I could barely see the fish to net them out.
Bigger fish
DSCN1475.JPG

Smaller fish
DSCN1479.JPG

Both
DSCN1477.JPG

Top view
DSCN1480.JPG

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep, posted that on Tuesday. No need to crank it again until I go out and cut down some more trees, a bit wet out there at the moment.

I'm trying to decide if I should make an enclosure in the pond to keep the fish where I can see them for a bit or just let the loose and hope they make it. If I don't see them again, I either ASSUME they are in there somewhere or ASSUME they died. In any case I have to wait until the water temp in the pond is close to that of the house which generally is between 65° and 68°.

Latest posts