Bruce's Journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
No chance of rain the next few days and sadly not much for breeze either. Though somehow there is often a slight breeze blowing between the barns and if I open both the north and south doors down below, a slight breeze through there as well. I think DW said the pool was 82° today.

Checked in on the barn swallows, I'm guessing they will fledge in the next day or two.

Since there won't be much wind maybe I should burn the stuff in the pit. I'm considering hauling the old chicken wire and wood fence from the heap where I dropped it over to the pit as well. It would take hours to pull all the staples out of the posts and other "supporting" wood. If I burn the wood I can just scrunch up the remaining chicken wire into a smaller heap and add it to the scrap metal pile. Gotta get rid of that soon.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ya gonna run a magnet thru the area ya burn it in, for the staples?.....would hate for ya to damage a tire running over them.....:)
I'm not likely to drive into the burn pit, it is ringed with rock :)

Though after it is burned I guess I could get the wheeled bar magnet thing out and run it through the ashes. It would be best to not have them in there in case I decide to use some ash in the compost bins or garden. These aren't fence staples they are inch or so long thin staples. The guy used a ton of them to attach the chicken wire to the wood.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Only 3 up last night, I had to "ask" Vienna to move over a bit so the 3rd very determined chick had room. Of course that elicited a fair bit of rearranging of the older girls.

For some reason the stupid alpacas have decided they should poop inside at night. Which makes no sense since I know they go outside, heard Teddy alerting on something again last night.